Default Double flares are stuck! HELP!!

I'm currently at size 4g. I've had my spirals in for about 3 weeks and I decided to try and put in my double flares. I got 1 in but I couldn't get the other one in and my ear started bleeding. I left it alone and put the spiral back in and put some ointment on it and I'm gonna let it heal. The problem is I now can't get the double flare out of my other ear. It's stuck!! I took a hot shower and tried to work it out but it didn't work. My next idea is to let it sit for a day or so and let the inflammation go down and try again.

Thoughts?? Similar experiences??

Try not to irritate it by forcing it out - every day put some oil on it and massage/play with the jewellery a bit. Over time it should loosen up and pop out with some lube/oil. Hopefully it's not wood/horn (as they shouldn't be worn in the shower). In future, only put DF plugs in when your ears are definitely ready and they go in quite easily.

Putting a spiral into an irritated piercing also isn't the best plan. Single-flared or no-flared plugs would be a much better idea. Spirals move around too much and are a little heavier than plugs, neither of which are helpful for sore healing lobes!

Looks like I'll be wearing two different plugs for awhile!

The DF is either a glass or acrylic material so that's not a problem. I'll try massaging it and trying to loosen it up over time and see how that goes.

So much for being able to move to my next size in a few weeks, this will probably set me back a bit with the extra healing now.

I've never been able to wear DFs until I'm ready to stretch to the next size tbh, especially in smaller sizes! I only really started bothering with them at 0g, they're too much hassle at small sizes. Good luck trying to get them out >.<

Well on the bright side, it won't be stuck forever. If you give it a while to heal your ears will loosen up around it and it should come out just fine.
    At the very least, wait for the swelling to go down first before you try again.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

that almost happened to me once but as people have said, leave it be and it will pop out in a few days. Massaging works wonders

i struggled with double flaird ones wehn newly stretched but when they have healed more u should be find, just be patiant
    Currently have: both lobes @ 14mm, various ear piercings, left nostril, long, labret, bottom of belly button and 2 micro dermals

Retired: Both eyebrows (slightly centered), Septumx2, snake bites, lower labret, nostrilsx3, top of belly button, lobe piercings, bridge, madonna

Wanted: 3 more micro dermals, right nostril, various ear piercings

Talking Solution to stuck gauges!

So I had searched all over the internet for an answer to get some gauges out of my ears and everyone's advice was to take a hot shower or use lube or some sorts and mess with them. But I had been trying that for months with no luck. So I realized I was going to have to cut them out..but even looking on the internet the solution was cutting your ear?! what is wrong with people? LOL even pierces had no real advice...Well, depending on the material of the jewerly wire cutters is the solution! The tips of my jewelry looked like stone but it was very light and felt hollow..So I took them to my ear and they snapped right off. Granted the jewelry was done for but after having them in my ear 4+ months i was happy to have them out!!

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jben2 View Post
    I'm currently at size 4g. I've had my spirals in for about 3 weeks and I decided to try and put in my double flares. I got 1 in but I couldn't get the other one in and my ear started bleeding. I left it alone and put the spiral back in and put some ointment on it and I'm gonna let it heal. The problem is I now can't get the double flare out of my other ear. It's stuck!! I took a hot shower and tried to work it out but it didn't work. My next idea is to let it sit for a day or so and let the inflammation go down and try again.

Thoughts?? Similar experiences??