Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default is my tragus infected,rejecting or just pissed off

so i posted last night that i had a problem with my tragus here a picture http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/for...achmentid=2634

if its rejecting i will take it out and let it heal and get it done again,like i said the wrong bar was put into it at first and caused problems i have a lump at the back but thats nothin to do with the piercing
    Present;
    Middle Lip Piercing,Left Tragus,Lobes X2,Right Conch,Right Cartilidge piercing

Past;
    Nose,Right tragus,Left side lip piercing X2

Future;
    Left Helix,Right tragus,Vertical tragus surface,Anti eyebrow Left side

Tattoos;
    Hello kitty on my foot,letter L behind my ear,my name on my wrist,swallow on my collorbone

Nice bumps! They look like hypertrophic scarring to me, which is pretty common on cartilage piercings, especially one that's been messed about as much as yours has poor thing. Doesn't mean it's rejecting, just that it's been irritated.

Do twice-daily hot sea salt soaks (quarter teaspoon sea salt to a mug of freshly boiled water, allow to cool to hot-but-bearable and submerge your piercing in it for 5 mins) with a chamomile teabag added into the soak. You can also use the teabag as a hot compress, chamomile has naturally sothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
    Bumps can take a while to go although some disappear quickly on their own once the source of irritation is removed. Since your ear has been traumatised I would leave the ring in it for a couple of weeks, try not to touch or move it, and see if it starts to calm down. (though rings are not generally great for healing piercings)
    If the bumps don't start to go down in a couple of weeks, go to a good piercer and have a sterile titanium labret or barbell put in, and continue the babying.

You might also hear about putting tea tree oil on bumps, but I would avoid this until it's fully healed as tea tree is harsh as and not suitable for an unhealed piercing. Also once fully healed (if the bumps are still there) then massage with a natural oil like jojoba or vitamin E should clear them right up.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Nice bumps! They look like hypertrophic scarring to me, which is pretty common on cartilage piercings, especially one that's been messed about as much as yours has poor thing. Doesn't mean it's rejecting, just that it's been irritated.

Do twice-daily hot sea salt soaks (quarter teaspoon sea salt to a mug of freshly boiled water, allow to cool to hot-but-bearable and submerge your piercing in it for 5 mins) with a chamomile teabag added into the soak. You can also use the teabag as a hot compress, chamomile has naturally sothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
    Bumps can take a while to go although some disappear quickly on their own once the source of irritation is removed. Since your ear has been traumatised I would leave the ring in it for a couple of weeks, try not to touch or move it, and see if it starts to calm down. (though rings are not generally great for healing piercings)
    If the bumps don't start to go down in a couple of weeks, go to a good piercer and have a sterile titanium labret or barbell put in, and continue the babying.

You might also hear about putting tea tree oil on bumps, but I would avoid this until it's fully healed as tea tree is harsh as and not suitable for an unhealed piercing. Also once fully healed (if the bumps are still there) then massage with a natural oil like jojoba or vitamin E should clear them right up.

thank you ill try that
    Present;

Past;

Future;

Tattoos;
    Hello kitty on my foot,letter L behind my ear,my name on my wrist,swallow on my collorbone

If its any consolation that is exactly what I have at the back of my tragus.....

Quote Originally Posted by Diva View Post
    If its any consolation that is exactly what I have at the back of my tragus.....
    i have a lump at the back aswel i thought it was a keyloid but my doctor said it wasnt and it was like a bit of gristle that the skin had formed and it might form off but the front bit just looks annoyed lol
    Present;

Past;

Future;

Tattoos;

It's not rejecting or anything, just a typical hypotrophic scar on a cartilage piercing. Go to your piercer and get a barbell in there. The movement of the ring is irritating to the piercing.

if i bought a labret and changed it would that be the best option ? as if there was a labret in there from the started i would never of noticed the redness round the front x
    Present;

Past;

Future;

Tattoos;

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlouisee View Post
    if i bought a labret and changed it would that be the best option ?
    No, as it's unhealed it would be best to get a professional piercer to change it in a sterile environment that way you'll also get an appropriate size in.
    Doing it yourself you'd have to guess at a size, then fiddle around and possibly hurt yourself changing it, also possibly introduce bacteria into it and cause more upset or even infection.

I had to take my ears to a different piercer to change from rings to labrets, ok so I paid more than doing it myself but I got the right size in, with no pain or fuss or chance of infection. Worth the extra.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

My local piercer only charges about 3 to change jewellery, so it might end up working out cheaper to do it that way anyway. But I'd definitely agree to changing the ring to a bar when you can, when I had a ring in my rook I had no end of trouble until I switched it.
    Current:
    8mm lobe, 1.2mm lobes x4, helix x2, rook, inverse navel, tragus, anti-tragus, conch, diagonal nipples x2

Retired: Forward helix x2, helix, standard navel, Madison MD x2

[ Split me wide open, and cut me in two
    There's nothing that I could ever hide from you ]

*Becca

i would say a stud like the others. my tragus never got this but my anti tragus struggled with bumps a lot. warm sea salt soaks with the correct measurements are good. be careful cuz for a while i was using too much salt which was not good :( but chamomile tea bags are freaking magical when it came to healing my bumps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast