Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It's a pita but heh, you'll live.My upper school didn't allow any piercings except lobes-strictly studs only, right through to sixth form.Then again, that was a catholic school.Thank god I left in year 11!At least next time you might have a better experience with it though, as if you get it needled you'll have better jewellery in from the start and a reputable piercer will be able to change it over to a retainer, if you're still at school that is.Good luck getting it redone
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

At least you can get it done properly this time. Your school was always going to notice so it was a bit daft to get it done in term-time if you knew it wasn't allowed.

You do realise that even after 6 weeks, you won't be able to leave the jewellery out for the day without it closing up?
    Last edited by rjs; 02-07-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    Current: Lip ring, 1st set of lobes @ 6mm, second set of lobes at 2.4mm, left daith, inner labia x 2, navel, right conch, properly done VCH yay!

Retired: Horribly botched VCH.

Future: Left double helix, left tragus, right forward helix. Nipples if I'm brave enough!

Well tostart with I thought nose studs were allowed but they only noticed it after I'd had it in for 3 weeks. My mum rang our local piercer and its only 3 more to get it done there so I might as well go there and they said if I'd not attempted to change it myself they would have changed it for me for free. Also I don't understand why it closed up because the nose stud completely fell out the other day and I was able to put it back in. Turns out because it had bled last night before it closed up school would have allowed me to keep it in for full healing time, if only I'd know -.- Ah well. And yeah I realise that I can't leave it out for a day. My mum didn't even realise that leaving it out for 5 minutes would make it close but thats all it took and she's seen now. My nose has a biggish bump at the back where the hole has been so I'm gonna keep doing the SSS just to make sure I keep it clean. I'm also wondering would I be able to get it re-pierced in exactly the same spot when I have it repierced in 5 months time? I'm hoping the redness will fade too because the mark is noticeable at the moment but I don't want to cover it in makeup in case I infect it. My mate who has her nose pierced offered to put a safety pin through it but I woun't risk it I really miss my nose stud being there even though I only had it 4 weeks I got used to it being there :(
    Last edited by iJess; 02-07-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    This really sucks, where are you people that schools are SO strict? This is one of the MANY posts I've read about this, wow. Where I am, NO school (except elementaries) care about what piercings you got. Wow.
    Most secondary schools in the UK (age 11-16) don't allow many piercings. I don't know of any at all where I live that technically allow facial piercings, although some people in Year 11 (15-16 yrs old) got away with a tiny nostril piercing at my school, and a couple of people at the next nearest school seemed to get away with nostrils or small/subtle lip piercings. We weren't meant to have more than 1 piercing per ear either, but that was a lot easier to get away with, especially for girls - I had about 4-7 piercings in each of my ears at various times during secondary school.

It's understandable really...how many good piercers will do facial piercings on under 16 year olds anyway?

In Greece, where I'm originally from, kids start highschool at 13 and I saw SO many 13-16 year old kids with various piercings, some subtle, some not. Where I live in now for years, NL, very few schools mind piercings, except elementary age ones, which basically is from 4-12. Things in the UK are pretty strict I see. But then again, here in NL, if you are legally allowed to grow and smoke your own pot plant when you're 16, I suppose it would be a bit irrational not to be allowed piercings.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

We're allowed as many ear piercings as we want if we can cover them with our hair so I might opt for more ear piercings next before I get my nose re-done

Rules suck and are meant to be broken.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Haha my deputy head said I was only not allowed my nose piercing due to health and safety but my mum said why do they let us keep ear piercings in through the day then? Also six formers at my school are allowed piercings and whatever hairstyles they want etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    This really sucks, where are you people that schools are SO strict? This is one of the MANY posts I've read about this, wow. Where I am, NO school (except elementaries) care about what piercings you got. Wow.
    the highschool I used to go to was that strict, but slowly people started ignoring the rules so they changed it to ear piercings were okay and facials had to be covered up with a plaster
    Pierced;
    9mm Lobes, Second Lobes, Right Tragus, Left Helix, Right Nostril, Central Labret, Inverse Navel, Tongue, Left Conch.

2 Tattoos, a joker pinup on my leg and "into a beautiful manchester sunset" on my hip.
    Her tongues the ink and she write in a romantic slant

I don't get why schools have that policy but that's probably cause I never grew up with these restrictions in my school. As long as a kid stays out of trouble and does ok, what's the problem really? Let them have as many holes as they want, heh. Anyway that's a long discussion.

Tumblr

Facebook

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast