Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How do i know when my nose piercing is healed?

I've had mine for 4 weeks and school said I have to put a retainer in for 2 weeks and then after that leave it out completely but I will try and get a flesh coloured retainer. I was inseclusion last week for refusing to take it out but I felt like I couldn't but today I itched my nose and my stud fell out completely but I found the hole and pushed it back in but it didn't hurt it just felt like my eye was going to water but it didn't. I do need to put my clear retainer in on Monday otherwise I'm excluded but does it sound like it's healed? I haven't had any problems with my nose piercing at all so far. How many times a day is it safe to change a nose stud? I got told that if I wear a retainer before I go to sleep I'd have to put a normal stud back in, is this true? Thanks in advance for any help x

What kind of school? That sounds pretty harsh for anything that isn't a military or catholic school.
    Current: 11 earrings, 12ga navel
    Goals: more holes

No that's not true, if you have a flesh coloured retainer in you won't have to change the jewelery-at 4 weeks it's not ideal for you to change the jewelery at all, let alone more than once.I'd recommend this http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/onl...h_13633438.cfm, what with it being bioplast it'll probably help your piercing heal as well.After 6 weeks you definitely won't be able to remove jewelery for any period of time, it'll close up within minutes.Just put either the retainer i've linked or similar in, that ones very discreet-(I wear it for work and they've never questioned it), and leave it in instead of changing it constantly.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Is bioflex bendy? My retainer is a bendy soft one and I got to a normal secondary school :/ Is there any retainers where you can't see it on the outside of the nose?

Yep bioplast is flexible.Tbh that's the smallest one you can get, if there's a hole through your nose you can't make it look completely invisible, but some retainers are much better than others.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Mine is flat on one end and the other is pointy with a little ring thing to place over the top to stop it falling out and it looks a little thicker than my nose stud but hopefully with it being soft ill be able to put it in easy. Can I leave the clear retainer in for a long time or is it only the fleshcoloured ones?

My nose retainer looks like this but the flat bit is thinner on mine
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Retainer-Monro...3#ht_948wt_905
    Last edited by iJess; 02-06-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Yeah, that ones not exactly subtle :/.Acrylic probably isn't the best thing to put in a newish piercing either, but you can leave either in for as long as you like, just like any jewellery.Your school will probably notice that one though, there are much more discreet retainers.
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

I'll keep this one in for now then and I'll try and order that retainer you linked me to Thank you for your help x

Tried changing it this morning but was too thick I tried putting another stud in but it swelled up and it closed up attheback but the front was still open. But school said I'd be excluded if I didn't take it out. Guess I'm just gonna have to wait till 6 weeks holiday to have it re-pierced. I'm devastated though, I really loved my nose piercing and I put so much effort in to look after it :(

This really sucks, where are you people that schools are SO strict? This is one of the MANY posts I've read about this, wow. Where I am, NO school (except elementaries) care about what piercings you got. Wow.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast