Default Healing after removal of nipple piercing?

Hey everyone,

Well I had my nipples pierced for just about 2 years. I just decided to retire them about 2-3 weeks ago. I have noticed that they havent really gone back to looking semi-normal again. For the most part they still have little "bubbles" at the ends of them like they did when they were pierced. My question is, will they ever get back to almost normal again, if so, about how long does it take to do so? Thanks for any replies.

Hi
    If I'm not mistaken you should do regular SSS and maybe some jojoba oil massages for better healing? I read somewhere that if you want your piercings to heal up nicely, you should treat them as fresh ones.
    So I guess a couple of months till they 'normalize' themselves? Since a nipple piercing usually takes up to 1year+ to completely heal... So I suppose it takes some time to close up (maybe it won't completely close up).

Current piercings:
    Navel, 2x lobe, VCH, Tragus, Anti-Helix Microdermal

Well I can only speak from personal experience, I had my nipple pierced for about seven years and took it out over a year ago now. It still looks no different from when I had the piercing but I know I couldn't get a bar through it now
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

The more rigid scar tissue is likely to keep the nipples out a little bit, which is why people with inverted nipples try nipple piercings to correct the problem. Daily oil massages should help this as it will help to break down that scar tissue however some people find they don't go back the way they were before they were pierced regardless :(
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Well after about a month of having my piercings out I notice that after having a shirt on they are flattened out because of the shirt. But times when like I get out of the shower there are bubbles/bumps at the end of of nipples where the bar went in and out. I had the bumps with the piecings in and thought they'd go away once removed :/ any way to reduce these bumps??

Did you do the daily oil massages as advised?
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 0g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe
    17 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Not sure of the process involved in a hot oil massage.. What oil to use, etc. Any help wOuld be appreciated

Any skin-friendly oil really - vitamin E, jojoba, bio-oil, baby oil ... whatever you like tbh I think the massage is what breaks down the scar tissue more than the oil itself.
    I got rid of bumpy scars on my helix using E45 moisturiser once lol.

oh and by the way, I also have very scarred nipples from piercings. Maybe I should try the oily massages myself!
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

So just buy an oil and use ur fingers to just massage the area?? How long should you massage for?? Thanks for the info.

Yep once or twice a day for a few mins and see how it goes.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 0g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe
    17 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules