Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do bumps go away by themselves?

Do bumps eventually go away if you leave them alone? Or is the only way to get rid of them is chamomile tea?
    Current:
    Right ear: 2 helix, 3 lobes, forward helix, snug
    Left ear: 4 lobes, 2 auricle

Want: conch, daith, possibly a labret

I think SSS and chamomile compresses will soothe the piercing and possibly get rid of the bump quicker. I had a really bad bump on my rook a couple of years back (before I found this site) and just left it alone, eventually the bump went away but I'm guessing if I'd have babied it a bit it might have gone quicker!
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

My helix bump didn't go away until I gave it daily massage. Didn't have any suitable oil at the time, I used moisturiser :P lol it still worked
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

See I have never bothered with SSS on bumps, doesn't do anything for me. I got a huge bump on my forward helix a few weeks ago. Just cleaned it as normal with the dettol wound wash solution (watered down) and it went within 2 days.
    Current piercings: 7 in each ear, both tragus, both forward helix, 2 right nostril, ring in left nostril, septum. 3 lower lip piercings, webbing, 2 micro dermals in my chest, left nipple, bottom navel, VCH
    Retired: 2 eyebrow micro dermals, 2 eyebrow rings, both cheeks, 2 lip piercings, top navel
    Future: Lots! Erm my conchs, some surface bars in my chest

They can do, but it depends what has caused them. If the source was a single incident of trauma or irritation, then they can just go away, the chamomile and TLC helps it along. If the source is repeated irritation or trauma, such as incorrect jewellery, then the bump will just keep returning unless you remove that source or irritation.
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

^ this. The bump is usually cause by some source of irritation such as knocking it by accident, over-cleaning or using harsh solutions, jewellery being too long/short or moving around too much etc. So unless the source of the irritation is removed then the bump will hang around for considerably longer.
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

Well I have the typical snug bumps. I use to have a bump on my forward helix as well and I had a BCR in it. But I just left it alone and in a week or two it went away. I was wondering would the do the same thing
    Current:
    Right ear: 2 helix, 3 lobes, forward helix, snug
    Left ear: 4 lobes, 2 auricle

Want: conch, daith, possibly a labret

Bumps go away faster when they are soothed with chamomile tea but they will not go away at all unless the source of irritation is first removed.

If you think your rook is just upset because you knocked it then leave it and see, but if you think your jewellery is too long, you aren't cleaning it / cleaning it properly or you are sleeping on the piercing you may need to make some changes to help!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

I never knew about the chamomile tea, but am definately going to have to try this out, I knocked my scaffolding and now have a bump :(
    Just keep swimming

A few months ago, I had a small bump on my right tragus that seemed like it just popped up over night. I left it alone and it was gone within a few days.
    Current: 20g Lobes, 18g Traguses, 14g Septum, 12g Standard Navel, 14g VCH, 14g Tongue.
    Soon to come: Rooks, conches, helixes, 1 more lobe piercing in each lobe.
    Contemplating: Vertical labret, nipples.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast