Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member MshadowsMakesMeDrool's Avatar

Question Questions about Cheek piercings

Well i'm planning on having my cheeks pierced. But the thing i'm most concerned about is the healing because everyone i've spoke to with them has had trouble with healing them.
    So here comes the questions..

How long does the swelling usually last? (because i've saw vids of a girl with them who is still swollen after 6months and 2 weeks?... Which seems like a really long time for swelling.)

How long do they take to fully heal?

What would be the best way to bring down the swelling other than ibuprofen.

Also i plan on getting venoms would they be able to do them the same day as my cheeks or would they wait?

Any links to pictures of these piercings once they've been taken out and healed up? (i want to see roughly how bad the scarring will be.)

and i think that's all for now..
    Last edited by MshadowsMakesMeDrool; 11-18-2010 at 11:33 PM.
    Hi I'm Laura

Current piercings : Lobes x2 on both, Helix, Left nostril, Right nostril, Septum, Navel, reverse navel, Labret, Bridge, snakebites, tongue venoms, both nipples! .
    Wanting : Microdermals in various places and Cheeks.
    Tattoos : None yet

Firstly you wouldnt want venoms done the same time as your cheeks. Trust me!

Iv got 2 pairs of cheek piercings... Both swelled up ALOT, I looked like a hamster for a good few weeks!
    My first pair which are further back id say where swollen for a couple on months.. they also bruised really badly and took a long time to heal. Id say 6 months at the minimum for them to be healed fully.

My first pair after 6 years still give me trouble. Dont get them done if you are looking for an easy piercing. They take alot of patience & often people get fed up n take them out. Which leaves bad scarring.
    I wouldnt ever take mine out.. Even with all the hassle they give me. <3 them.
    Body Piercer/Tattooist- Dragstrip Tattoos, Southampton UK
    http://www.dragstriptattoos.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/candy.plugs

Nod on't get them done at the same time, you'll be in agony. The swelling does last for a while, but it varies from person to person and how well you look after them. I had problems with mine healing (and an abcess on one that I had to get sorted out a hospital) and the other one I eventually just got sick of after a few years. Neither have left scars really, even the one I had to get cut out. I'll take some pics later of them and put them on here.
    Current piercings: 7 in each ear, both tragus, both forward helix, 2 right nostril, ring in left nostril, septum. 3 lower lip piercings, webbing, 2 micro dermals in my chest, left nipple, bottom navel, VCH
    Retired: 2 eyebrow micro dermals, 2 eyebrow rings, both cheeks, 2 lip piercings, top navel
    Future: Lots! Erm my conchs, some surface bars in my chest

Senior Member MshadowsMakesMeDrool's Avatar

Ok so i end up going to my piercer and having a long talk with him and he didn't actually have long enough bars for doing them today i just went ahead and said i'd get my venoms first.. but i could only get one today due to swelling and my tongue alone was agony so thanks on the advice i'm glad i never got both done with the cheeks on the same day.

And thanks for all the help i'm contemplating maybe get microdermals in their place, but it's been piercings i've wanted for a long while so i'll just have to wait and see.

Do either of you know how long i'd have to wait to get my next venom done? and then how long after that before i got my cheeks?..

Thanks
    Hi I'm Laura

Current piercings : Lobes x2 on both, Helix, Left nostril, Right nostril, Septum, Navel, reverse navel, Labret, Bridge, snakebites, tongue venoms, both nipples! .
    Wanting : Microdermals in various places and Cheeks.
    Tattoos : None yet

Hmm no idea tbh, but if it was me I'd wait at least a month or 2. And I know I'm no expert, but I've only read a little bit before on cheek microdermals before, and from what I could tell they weren't a very good idea.
    Current piercings: 7 in each ear, both tragus, both forward helix, 2 right nostril, ring in left nostril, septum. 3 lower lip piercings, webbing, 2 micro dermals in my chest, left nipple, bottom navel, VCH
    Retired: 2 eyebrow micro dermals, 2 eyebrow rings, both cheeks, 2 lip piercings, top navel

Tbh its best to get the venoms done together because then they swell together etc. Since you havent done this i'd wait till the tongue piercing is completely healed (6 weeks) and when you go back for the next one make sure you have your long bar in to accommodate the swelling tongue!

Then after that it is 6 weeks healing time again for the tongue piercing before the cheeks.

I really, really think you should reconsider the cheek piercing, not only is it a nightmare to heal as people have said but it also runs the risk of damaging your facial muscles and is one of the worst piercings for damaging teeth too. They also are likely to leave permanent scarring in the form of small dips / dimples on your face so you need to consider if you can live with that! Many piercers refuse to do cheek piercings at all because of the permanent alteration to the face.
    Last edited by kuku; 11-28-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

I would wait atleast 2months before getting your seconded venmon as ur tongue will swell up twice as much, also make sure u keep the original bar in the 1st one as i no alot of people change it and end up with alot of issues when getting the second one. :(

Not sure bout your cheeks, the piercing shop i go to only does 1 at a time which does reduce the healing time apperently...
    Piercing’
    Current

>Left Lobe x2 1.6mm > Left Rook 1.2mm > Right Anti Tragus 1.6mm > Right Tragus 1.2mm > Right Transverse Lobe 1.6mm > Tongue 1.6mm >Smiley> Tongue Webbing 1.6mm > Labert Offset left 1.6mm > Nape 1.6mm > Navel x3 1.6mm
    > Hafada offset left 1.6mm
    Retired
    > Hand webbing > Hand, Curved bar bell > Collar Bone > Elbow
    Planned
    • Stretch Left Lobes to 8-10mm • Transverse lobe, Bar to run through Stretchers
    • Navel x2 • Micro Dermal x2 Hands • PA • Freanulum • Kneeee!!

12 Tattoos…

Hmm I don't think it'd reduce the healing time. I had mine done at different times, the first one was healing pretty well, when I got the other one done the old one swelled up like a bitch too... Like everyone has said, how much they'd scar depends on the person. I had to have one of mine cut out and I am left with hardly any scarring (you can't see any sort of marks on my face) and my dimples filled back out after only a few weeks. I was sad to lose them!

Yeah having them done separately is just likely to make the older piercing flare up and get upset, you are best off getting them done at the same time (its also easier for the piercing to get accurate markings that way!)
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

If you get cheeks pierced with Bioplast/PTFE then there isnt any worries about damaging your teeth
    You can buy plastic bars at 40mm & cut them to size. Then also you dont have to take them out to downsize just get the ends trimmed off!
    Body Piercer/Tattooist- Dragstrip Tattoos, Southampton UK
    http://www.dragstriptattoos.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/candy.plugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast