Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stasha-pistachio View Post
    ...and I'd much rather have enough money to survive doing something I loved, than being paid thousands for a job I hated
    I'm doing a painting degree ffs, I'm never gonna make money from that! Lol. But I LOVE it.
    Lol, i'm pretty much the same, planning to do art history after my art course atm, that's hardly gonna make me rich .But yeah, i'm passionate about it, so provided I don't have to live in poverty then it's all good.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by stasha-pistachio View Post
    But if salary is the most important thing about a job.. then why does anyone choose to be a piercer? or a teacher, or a vetnurse (and those are steady income jobs, with an employer!)
    You're never gonna make a rich list from it. Not anywhere close.

My piercer is full time, and makes plenty comfortable money. But he works in the middle of the city centre, where the only other half decent competition is at least 15 mins out (and I still don't like them). He seems a pretty rare case, a fair amount of piercers have second jobs.
    Incuding the one I talk to in america.
    e016c27a-5654-4600-9784-601c7f2d01e0

Think of it like this. The average price of a piercing is around £30, after overheads such as jewellery, disposal, insurance, bills, rent, tools, cleaning and sterilising supplies etc etc. That £30 is only really about £5 in profit.

To even live in the bare minimum of accommodation with menial luxuries you're looking at around £700 a month on average for the country, being in london my average outgoings are actually more like £1300 a month.

I would have to do 260 piercings a month to meet that cost if i owned my own shop. Which i dont. So rather than do it for the money i just take on more complex piercings and make a fraction on the side of my main income.
    Valhalla Tattoo & Piercing
    -
    Let Another's Wounds Be Your Warning -

Speaking for myself & 5 other friends that are piercers in town.... I earn the most being £250 a week & they earn less than me.
    Body Piercer/Tattooist- Dragstrip Tattoos, Southampton UK
    http://www.dragstriptattoos.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/candy.plugs

after these posts dpack_1 seems less piercing geek/snob
    some piercers get paid not for how many piercings they do, but for a day or week or month - so it doesn't change anything - you do one piercing a day or 30. What i have heard is about 40-50£ in a day.

And piercing job nowadays is COOL people who around all this cool stuff and not skilled enough to do tattoos they try piercings, unfortunately some try tattoos as well and result is a lot more permanent.

Speak of body mods - that is not piercing, that is different level of skill and responsibility

I don't know what is cringe worthy about Darrens reply tbh! Being in it for the money is just not the right way to go really, I pierce people through word of mouth and rarely pierce people I don't know! I tend to do heavy discounts too as there are quite of of my peeps that pass my number on to friends and bring a lot my way so in return I do them discounted piercings, plus I can be really soft and my sisters and friends end up just chucking me a fiver to cover basic costs! I'll prob be cringed at too but I really do get so much enjoyment from piercing people so it IS a passion to me and I'm pretty sure 99% piercers here will say the same.
    Love Pinks xXx
    Body Piercing Mummy to 4!

Saskia Alice, born 3rd March 2008
    Current:1xLip,4xtounge,1xmadonna,4xnavel,2xeyebrow ,1x nostril, 1x nipple,1x tragus,1xanit-tragus,1xscaffold,1xorbital scaffold,1x conch,5xhelix,5xlobe,4xauricule1xhood,1xwebbing,2x streched lobes,7mm,1xSeptum,2xsnakebites
    Skin diver wrist
    Retired 6x helix,6x lobe,1x nostril,1x nipple

PM me for: Autoclaving service
    http://piercedpinks.webs.com/

dpack_1 he have best way of work so it is not his main thing and he can do what he likes or wants to do (more or less).
    But most of piercers do it as a work, and it is not so enjoyable when you have to deal with same scared teenagers every day and do same boring piercings. Maybe if you are some worldwide famous piercer or mod artist then it is different.
    I get about one piercing in a week which is interesting for me and i enjoy doing it and most of it i don mind.
    (i don´t know why everything is BOLD)
    Last edited by Jurcis; 10-20-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: edit

I don't expect to earn much at all from full time work as a piercer, this is why I am hoping to train in something to compliment my income as a piercer too such as other piercers have done!

I have to say though if you find full time work as a piercer to be as bad as that Jurcis maybe you should change your career, bored piercers make mistakes the same way bored bankers do after all !
    Last edited by kuku; 10-20-2010 at 03:46 PM.
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

it is not bad, it not interesting.
    in Southampton it was boring and a bit annoying because it was Chavland and maybe atmosphere in the shop wasn't the best...

Ah i see

I think its probably just like any other job sometimes its just dead boring and other times its great!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

For example in Ibiza it is end of season and last day of work and it is dead boring here - and no money as well, but a lot of time to spend in internet.... (as you can see)...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast