Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Average Length Labret For Tragus?

Hi Everyone
    I'm getting my Tragus pierced in just over two weeks but my school has a terribly strict no piercings policy. I was thinking of getting pierced with a Bioplast Labret Stud so the piercing remains hidden but was wondering exactly what size I needed. I know it should be 1.2mm (16g) but was unsure about the length?

Any advice greatly appreciated
    *Daisy*

Piercings:
    Right Ear: Lobes x2, Helix, Tragus, Snug
    Left Ear: Lobes x2
    Navel

for most people, 8mm is the best length i've got an 8mm in mine and it still sticks a little bit, incase it reacts to the jewellery and swells.
    for getting it pierced, it's best to get it done with a 1.6mm stud, then downsizing to a 1.2mm when it's healed. lengthwise, the 10mm would probably be best to allow for swelling
    good luck!
    right ear: lobe x2, tragus
    left ear: lobe x2, forward helix
    navel

wants: snug, rook, helix

Your piercer should be getting the jewellery, and should figure out what size you need.

Dunno what the person above is on about - it's perfectly fine for be pierced at 1.2mm.

Thanks, normally my piercer would get the jewellery but I want a very specific stud and the selection is limited. It'll be autoclaved before I'm pierced with it though so it's all perfectly hygienic.
    *Daisy*

Piercings:
    Navel

Even so, there's nothing stopping him ordering it...if he's happy that you're bringing in your own jewellery (which most piercers won't allow) then he should definitely have told you the length & gauge to get =/ Sorry, just think it's a bit dodgy IMO.

Mine's 6mm now (i think?), I've kept an 8mm long barbell in for a while now. I originally used a longer one because I had a bump and the area was a little swollen. Now it's gone down the 8mm is a bit too long, I can fit the side of my finger between the ball and the skin xD (I've been meaning to change it for a while, but I'm scared I'll irritate it and it'll swell up again, making the whole effort be in vain.)
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

Yeah, thinking about it, it does seem odd. Still a bit novice to the whole piercing thing. Thanks for eveyone's advice, may look for a place that pierces properly with the stud I need
    *Daisy*

Piercings:
    Navel

Quote Originally Posted by HorseCrazyDaisy View Post
    Yeah, thinking about it, it does seem odd. Still a bit novice to the whole piercing thing. Thanks for eveyone's advice, may look for a place that pierces properly with the stud I need
    that would be a very good idea, search for a piercer that uses the best available, it for your benefit and the piercers piece of mind.
    Nick

piercings:

both lobes at 22mm
    both conch's punched at 8g
    septum at 6g
    frenulum at 12g

left eyebrow at 10g

tattoos:
    3/4 tattoo body suit

want:
    pierced nipples
    maybe a tongue web'
    L/R daith piercings

RETIRED
    both tragus's 12g due to severe migration

hit me up on crackbook

http://tattootaffy.tumblr.com/

Thanks, normally my piercer would get the jewellery but I want a very specific stud and the selection is limited. It'll be autoclaved before I'm pierced with it though so it's all perfectly hygienic.
    If they don't have something as simple as a Bioplast retainer & asked you to buy it... Then Id go elsewhere.
    Body Piercer/Tattooist- Dragstrip Tattoos, Southampton UK
    http://www.dragstriptattoos.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/candy.plugs

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGSTRIP View Post
    If they don't have something as simple as a Bioplast retainer & asked you to buy it... Then Id go elsewhere.
    Couldn't agree more! I pretty much have everything for every type of senario!
    Love Pinks xXx
    Body Piercing Mummy to 4!

Saskia Alice, born 3rd March 2008
    Current:1xLip,4xtounge,1xmadonna,4xnavel,2xeyebrow ,1x nostril, 1x nipple,1x tragus,1xanit-tragus,1xscaffold,1xorbital scaffold,1x conch,5xhelix,5xlobe,4xauricule1xhood,1xwebbing,2x streched lobes,7mm,1xSeptum,2xsnakebites
    Skin diver wrist
    Retired 6x helix,6x lobe,1x nostril,1x nipple

PM me for: Autoclaving service
    http://piercedpinks.webs.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast