Default Swollen Stretched Ear?

I recently stretched both my ear lobes from an 18g to a 12g. I understand that is a big jump, but I misread the package and thought I had bought a 16 :(

One of my ears (right) is perfectly fine, it's healing nicely and I can turn it without much discomfort. The lobe is a little sore but no swelling or redness.

The other (left) is quite swollen and red, and hurts. There is no bleeding, or pussing, but there is the expected lymph that is coming out. I did the left one first, and I didn't use any lube and it took it out once and put it back in, so I think it's just angrier.

I took out both tapers in the shower this morning and cleaned them with anti bacterial soap. I cleaned my ears as well. I'm not able to turn the left one with a little bit of pain, but it's still very swollen. I've been doing sea salt soaks and right now I have some ice on it to hopefully bring down the swelling.

I would like to not downsize, as I don't have any money to buy another plug, and I don't have any proper earrings (I only have Claire's brand ones, and I don't think they're good to put in an angry ear...).

PS-The jewelry I have in is Surgical Stainless Steel. I am aware of the dangers of acrylics!

PPS-I'm on a round of antibiotics atm because I just got my wisdom teeth out, so I don't think it's infected.

So should I just wait it out, or is there anything I should/shouldn't be doing? Like I said, I REALLY don't want to downsize. It seems to be stretching well, I can turn it, it's just pretty swollen :(

You have tapers in. Tapers are long and get pulled around, and should not be worn at all, just used to put in jewelry. (while I agree it's not that bad to wear one, you shouldn't especially because your ears are pissed off.)
    I know what's it like not being able to buy plugs (they weren't available here when I started stretching, no money and no possibility to order online)
    but please, your ears will thank you if you stretch properly. Is there anyone you know that has stretching equipment they don't need anymore? Plugs aren't that expensive. ;\
    oh, and in the future, don't skip sizes. You won't save any money by doing that.

1 inch both lobes, 6mm upper right lobe, 6mm left inner conch, 6mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm both nipples

tumblr

It might be an idea to change to glass or titanium, surgical stainless steel still has low levels of nickel in it, which is what irritates most peoples ears when they wear cheap "claire's" earrings. Also, change to plugs. Tapers shouldn't be worn as jewellery. Either way, it looks like you're going to have to change the jewellery anyway, so you'd be as well to downsize to 18 g titanium labret studs or barbells. Wait until your ears feel better before re-stretching, take your time and don't skip sizes. Also, stop turning the jewellery, it will just irritate your ear. How long have you had your ears pierced before you started stretching them?
    Hey there Face=Nostril,Septum,Labret L.Ear=Tragus,10mm lobe,Rook R.Ear=Industrial,10mm lobe, Misc=Navel
    Grand total of 9 piercings One full forearm tattoo
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1053166560

YEah, i Know you dont want to here it but it really does need to come down a size, and left well alone for a good few weeks. Stretching a piercing isnt something that should be rushed as said your piercing will thank you for taking the time to do it properly.
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Spike <3

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraChan View Post
    Spike <3
    Shhhhhhh
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

if your taking antibiotics is it really wise to be stretching or did you stretch before the antibiotics?
    piercings: 21
    retired: 9
    tattoos: 3
    future: who knows =D