Default anti tragus problems

I'm having some issues with my anti tragus. I got this piercing done almost six months ago, it was healed almost perfectly and then one day i woke up with a small lump on the outside of my ear where the ball of the bar rests. i thought nothing of it, washed it with anti-bacterial soap and went on with my life. i've been now living with this terrifying monster on my ear. my best friend is a body piercer and she did the piercing for me, we've tried to drain it, seasalt soaks. everything. now i'm kinda just..stuck. i dont know what the lump is or how to make it go away. it seems to be filled with liquid but i cant pop it. do you guys have any advice for me? Any advice is much appreciated.

note: every few days or so i ripped off some dry crusted skin that forms a layer on the lump.
    I Currently Have:
    4 tattoos- a lion on my forearm, a heart on my wrist bone, roman numerals on my wrist, star on my ankle
    7 piercings- both nostrils, septum, lip, anti-tragus, ears [gauged 9/16ths]
    body mods- scarification
    Planned:
    tattoos- full sleeves, and some more.
    piercings- double septum, spider bites, more ears. etc.
    body mods- unsure. probably more scarification and brandings
    Retired:
    second ear hole to make room for my gauges.

Hmm if your best friend is a body piercer i'm surprised she doesn't know what hypertrophic scarring is and has told you its supposed to be fully healed before the 6 months mark because actually cartilage piercings take between 6-18 months to fully heal, averaging 12 months for most people and hypertrophic scarring is a very common bump on cartilage piercings but I guess we all have to learn somewhere!

Antibacterial soap is far too harsh to be using on a healing piercing, it removes all the balance of bacteria your body actually needs to heal with and damages the delicate healing tissue that is trying to form. You are much better sticking with just sea salt soaks whenever you see crusties as its much less irritating and damaging.

Hypertrophic scarring, which is a purpely-pink bump that chances colour when pressed, is hard like a mound of skin and often goes skin coloured and causes peely skin in the area, are caused by irritation. The irritation is usually something really simple such as using cleaning products that are too harsh, wearing jewellery that is too long or is the wrong shape or laying on the piercing at night (as your head is the heaviest part of your body so will put a lot of pressure on the piercing). The only way to get rid of the bump is to get rid of the irritation first because otherwise it will just stick around

This could mean changing jewellery to a shorter bar/ from a bar to a ring /from titanium to PTFE plastic, sleeping on a rolled up towel /crook of your arm / doughnut shaped pillow and using gentler cleaning methods like sea salt soaks.

Once you have sorted the irritation you can start using hot chamomile tea (as in the regular herbal tea) to soak your piercing in (or use the tea bag as a compress). Just boil the kettle, add the teabag, wait till its cool enough to touch but still quite hot and then stick your ear under the water in the cup for 5-10mins (or till it starts feeling cool on your skin). If you are still getting lymph discharge or crusties or you want a bit more of a boost you can combine the sea salt soak cleaning method with this treatment by just popping 1/4 teaspoon of salt to your tea.

Chamomile tea is a natural anti-inflammatory, very soothing and is generally the bees knees for getting rid of the dreaded bump (as its lovingly known) because unlike other methods it doesn't cause irritation which can leave some people in a catch 22 situation where they are treating the bump with something that is irritating the piercing and thus bringing the bump back! It can take a few weeks for the bump to totally go but you should see some progress fairly soon as long as you have sorted the irritation!

Hope that helps!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

wow thank you so much. now i know i hav a hypertrophic scarring... now since several weeks i'm trying to make the bump smaller by using SSS. When it's gonna be very little i'm planning to put a labret stud . That will help me with this issue ? I hope...
    Piercing that I have now : left nostril,bottom navel,Left ear: 3 lobe ,/Right ear: 2 lobe, 1 helix

I want :
    -1 labret (right)

-tongue piercing :venom or center one
    Left ear:
    -high snug

Microdermals:2 under clavicule. 2 on lower back (dimple),

retired: 1 helix,1 anti-helix,3 lobes , 1 tragus.

I'VE BEEN FORCED BY A DOCTOR TO RETIRE MY TRAGUS AND NOW ITS CLOSED AND SHE FORCED ME FOR NOTHING...I'M REALLY MAD . now the bump will never go... nice for the self esteem

If you are wearing a ring then yes its very likely too be very beneficial to change the jewellery as rings cause a lot of irritation :P
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

If you've been wearing a ring in it for six months I'd be stunned and applauding you not having a "Bump" up till now! LOL.
    James.
    Septum, Left Helix, Rook, Nostril, Daith & Right Conch.
    4 Tattoos

Retired:
    3 Lobes. 2 Tragus, Navel.

Thumbs up

thank you so much, my next question is:
    is it perminant? will it go away entirely?
    cause it looks disgusting. i get so many comments on how gross it is haha.

i'm going to try your remedies and i'll get back to you all on how it went!
    thank you a hundred times!
    I Currently Have:
    4 tattoos- a lion on my forearm, a heart on my wrist bone, roman numerals on my wrist, star on my ankle
    body mods- scarification
    Planned:
    Retired:

oh, i am also just wearing a curved barbell. should i switch to a ring you think?
    the curved barbell is also pretty long, its not too snug or anything.
    arrgg, i wish i could post a picture.
    I Currently Have:
    body mods- scarification
    Planned:
    Retired:

post a link? Put a space in if need be.

Also I had the problem with the bump pretty bad on my rook for about a year, and have bumps on my anti-tragus too. I suggest being patient with it :P
    Current:
    8mm lobe, 1.2mm lobes x4, helix x2, rook, inverse navel, tragus, anti-tragus, conch, diagonal nipples x2

Retired: Forward helix x2, helix, standard navel, Madison MD x2

[ Split me wide open, and cut me in two
    There's nothing that I could ever hide from you ]

*Becca