Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is it normal that my tongue piercing did't swell or will it hit me later?

I got my tongue pierced 5 days ago, I felt like my tongue did not swell that much, i was able to talk normal, eat normal, it didn't burn, didn't hurt, no discomfort, and it already feels like its healed. Is this normal? or am I going to swell up later on? thank you

I had mine done yesterday and has swell up like f**k! I cant eat or talk properly and i'm in soooooo much pain :(

I'd much perfure giving birth than this pain pmsl.

Quote Originally Posted by youngkalz View Post
    I had mine done yesterday and has swell up like f**k! I cant eat or talk properly and i'm in soooooo much pain :(

I'd much perfure giving birth than this pain pmsl.
    You know not what you say. If you've ever seen a woman give birth you will know: hours (sometimes days) of excruciating pain followed by more hours of grunting and pushing is not even comparable to a moment of pain (and for some, not at all) followed by some swelling and having to eat mashed up food for a week. Come on.

I plan to get my tongue pierced and while I am scared that it will hurt and bleed, I am not comparing it to childbirth, that's just silly.

I realize you were joking but STILL.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmingthroughrain View Post
    You know not what you say. If you've ever seen a woman give birth you will know: hours (sometimes days) of excruciating pain followed by more hours of grunting and pushing is not even comparable to a moment of pain (and for some, not at all) followed by some swelling and having to eat mashed up food for a week. Come on.

I plan to get my tongue pierced and while I am scared that it will hurt and bleed, I am not comparing it to childbirth, that's just silly.

I realize you were joking but STILL.
    it's called hyperbole.
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

To the OP I think you may have been lucky! A friend of mine was the same, hardly any swelling, kept expecting it and it never happened!

Youngkalz, pain is to be expected but if its excruciatingly bad you need to seek medical help or least go back to your piercer, if its just sore then plenty of cold drinks and ice pops are a good idea

Swimming, you said you know shes joking yet you give a serious reply....makes zero sense to me. Bit like someone laffing and saying they're 18 again when they're clearly 70 but the bouncer not letting them into the nightclub because they said it...
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

I know a couple people who had no swelling at all when having their tongues done then i know some who had loads, guess it varies for every person. After 5 days i would think you are getting over the worst of it. Most people say day 4 is the worst.

Swimming dont be so over dramatic, you havent given birth, you have no experience of what it is like.
    So far i have......

Left lobe 1x 1.2 1x 5mm
    Right lobe 1x 1.2 1x 1.6
    Right tragus
    Right helix
    Nose
    Left side of lip
    Tongue
    Left industrial
    ​Right Nipple

Tattoos

8 pentagrams down left side of my back
    Tree of life on left arm
    RAF Pin-up on right leg
    Triple moon goddess symbol on left forearm
    ​Horned God symbol on right forearm

http://www.facebook.com/Masinor85

Guess you are just lucky. I wouldn't worry about it at all, keep cleaning it and when 2 weeks have passed pop back to your piercer for a downsize
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Masinor View Post
    I know a couple people who had no swelling at all when having their tongues done then i know some who had loads, guess it varies for every person. After 5 days i would think you are getting over the worst of it. Most people say day 4 is the worst.

Swimming dont be so over dramatic, you havent given birth, you have no experience of what it is like.
    True, I haven't, but I know it hurts, and I know it hurts more than a tongue piercing.

Swimming: Pain is highly subjective. Different types of pain affect different people differently too. And it also depends how much pain you've previously endured, for example I have to be put through a lot before I would say something was really painful... But I've had major surgery, a foot long scar and been hospitalised for 5wks... so in comparison? Easy as pie.

But yes, no ones pain can be compared to that of another, imo.
    Now: 1.6mm lobes, Nipple Piercings (both, horizontal), C tattoo [right wrist], Dice tattoo [back of neck]

Soon: 2mm lobes

Future: many more tattoos, snakebites, eventual 10mm lobes. 2nd lobes, stretching to 5mm.

Okie dokie! I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't just go crazy for no reason next week and just start swelling..i dont even know if thats possible but i've heard it might happen..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast