Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Halp? Friction burn?

Okay so around 2/3am this morning, I got up to use the bathroom and was feeling super weird. I opened the bathroom door and passed out. When I came to, I had landed on the (quite rough) bathroom rug. This is the result. I've only ever had quite minor friction burns (carpet burn) before and it looked similar to this but not as bad and there was no cut/blood. S'it look like a friction burn to you? If not, is it just a graze? Blargh. I have a party to go to tonight and it's probably not the best idea to slap make up over it. And it huuuurts *whine* D:

32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

stick some germolene on it best bet, looks like a graze but also looks like a carpet burn

Carpet burns can cause grazes if it takes enough skin off..,,
    My mum always said dont put lotions etc on it when i was lil as it will irritate it more..But then they heal up pretty fast...Not much help though am i..sorry :(

EDIT:: oh but natural things are good..aloe?

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Thanks guys.. is the general idea to keep it moist? Or let it dry out? My face is so tight, it stings to smile >_< I've managed to work around it with the make up thing which makes me feel slightly less like a monster. Argh, why couldn't this have happened when my confidence was actually in existance? o_x
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Don't keep it soaked but don't let it be over dry either.

If it's soaked the scabbing will loosen up, fall off / rip open causing weeping, bleeding and ultimately a worse scarring effect for a longer time.

If it's too dry it'll hurt more.

You'll wanna use an anti-imflamorrty cream to keep it a lil moist.
    ,.-~*'"'` Rach `'"'*~-.,

Piercings

Current:

2 pinnas (Left Ear) * 4 lobes (Two Each Ear) * Navel * Tongue * Tragus * Duel Nostril (Right Side) * Spiderbites (Right side) (Retired but I want them back!)

Tattoos

Current:

Memorial Tattoo Of A "B" With Wings

Funniest forum member 2010

Joint winners: Chumley and DavyBobMacca

The most sarcastic forum member 2010

Winner: DavyBobMacca

No advice for healing etc but hope you are ok? are you not a little worried that you passed out at all? I mean should you get checked to make sure it wont happen again?

Hope you still have a good night tonight but hope you are ok too.

Thanks for the concern. Yeah, it's a small worry. It happens frequently but my ridiculously intense fear of the doctor has kept me from getting checked out. Having this happen though... I'm going to the doctor on Monday.

I did first aid a year or so ago, and we were taught to just gently wash a graze (assume you've done this already) then apply a non-sticky, sterile dressing to it for the first 24 hours, but as yours seems to be drying now and it's already been a while, I wouldn't bother with that. As the 'crust' seems to have formed, it'll heal quickest if left open to air and dry up. Don't pick it
    twitter/ bookfail I'm Katie.

Get some Arnica cream on it, it's a natural product that soothes and reduces swelling and bruising. No pickies!

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

Sooner it scabs the sooner it heals.. i'd just leave it. I'm the same with cold sores. Ouch tho!

Current
    : Left ear ~
    Lobe, Tragus

Future:
    Left ear ~ Double Helix

Mooting: Nostril, Tongue, Eyebrow

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast