Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question about hand web piercing.

I have my left hand pierced (on the webbing between my thumb and my pointer finger) and the piercing is only about a week old, almost 2. I was reading about these piercings and that they usually always migrate out and rarely ever last. Does anyone have any ideas as to a good way to extend the "life" of this piercing? Thanks.

Sure do..... dont use your hand for about 14 weeks! Web piercings are nearly impossible to heal due to the hands movement. You can be lucky and heal them if you dont do any house work, work in general or drive...
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk
    www.bodz.info

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA, Nape (1.6mm x 20mm ptfe surface bar with 4mm balls).

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 18 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Quote Originally Posted by spike
    Sure do..... dont use your hand for about 14 weeks! Web piercings are nearly impossible to heal due to the hands movement. You can be lucky and heal them if you dont do any house work, work in general or drive...
    Well that's a tad unrealistic, haha; however, I have been trying to use this hand a lot less, I really love it and I really don't want it to come out. :[

Edit: Also, even if it does come out, about how long does that on average take to happen? Is repiercing a possibility or is it a hopelss case?

If you notice it growing out - take it out. Then you'll be able to get it re-pierced sooner. I would guess it to last about a month but I'm not entirely sure. I've never known anyone who's had that before so it really is a guess.

I was reading and one guy said he had his for 4 years.

Well, if it makes it throught the healing period without growing out then It'd be more or less permanent unless you damage it and it has to heal again.

Different people react differently to piercings - my body makes any surface type piercing grow out pretty quickly but others can have eyebrow piercings for ever.

Honestly? A month?!

Mines has been in just over 3 months...it really swelled up the first few days but settled down after I got a bigger bar put in. I might get it changed back if my piercer think there are enough mm space.
    How will you know when it's growing out?

To be honest..just be extra careful with it and my hand kind of lets me know when it's had enough :lol:
    I may have over cleaned it to begin with (the skin on my hand dried out) but I just really wanted it to work out and I still clean it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Domilly
    Honestly? A month?!

Mines has been in just over 3 months...it really swelled up the first few days but settled down after I got a bigger bar put in. I might get it changed back if my piercer think there are enough mm space.

To be honest..just be extra careful with it and my hand kind of lets me know when it's had enough :lol:
    I may have over cleaned it to begin with (the skin on my hand dried out) but I just really wanted it to work out and I still clean it regularly.
    Yeah, it hurt really badly after the first day, and then for about a week it was kinda red and swollen. I clean it once a day with salt water.

Quote Originally Posted by Quijada
    Quote Originally Posted by Domilly
    Honestly? A month?!

Yeah, it hurt really badly after the first day, and then for about a week it was kinda red and swollen. I clean it once a day with salt water.

My fingers all swelled up and I just physically couldn't use it..it honestly was really painful (and i'm no pansy :lol: )
    But it was all worth it after getting passed that it was fine..for the first few weeks I cleaned it 2 to 3 times a day with salt water though.
    My friends think it's kinda cool, my mum and sister don't like it but never really noticed and my dad..well I never told my dad and he's never mentioned it...He honestly hasn't seen it after 3 months and we see each other alot so I dunno I guess he's just not looked at my hand for long enough.

I pierced it myself and I think I hit a nerve the first time 'cause my thumb went numb; the the second time went smoothly. My hand looks totally normal now after probably 2 weeks.

P.S. I don't need people telling me how dangerous or dumb self piercing is. I do my research and after 7 piercings I'm still alive; but thanks for your concern.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast