Default Nipple piercing bruising and bleeding

Hiya guys, i got my nipple pierced on monday with my friend (both of us are female)

basically hers looks fine and normal however mine is bruised either side by where the bars gone in/out and when i clean it blood is still coming away. Obviously this is just me freaking out abit as hers looks perfectly normal and mine is all bruised and gross right now ahaha.
    Is this nothing to worry about? i understand people heal different and stuff so if im just freaking out for no reason and should continue to clean it and wait for it to fully heal then tell me to sshhh.

let me know.
    thanks for your help!

I got my Nipple done about 7 months ago and it still bleeds from time to time, a little bleeding,tenderness and such is normal, especially since it is so recent. everyone has different reactions to piercings.

Make sure you are using sea salt soaks to really get right into the piercing and drain it rather than just cleaning around the outside with sprays / cotton buds. (http://ku-ku.co.uk/FemaleNipple.htm - has a good guide) The hot water should help with any swelling and generally make things feel a bit more comfy.

People do heal differently but are also, of course, anatomically different. If your piercer has used the same size jewellery in you both it could be causing you problems (really you should be pierced with a bar suited to your body) which might be where the added bruising is coming from - how much space do you have on the ends of the bar approx? Also things like sleeping on your front might also be causing you issues.

Soaking your piercings in chamomile tea (as in the herbal tea you can buy in most supermarkets) will also help to soothe the area and is a natural anti-inflammatory. You should also take ibuprofen if the swelling etc looks bad (as long as your medically ok to take it) as that will help too!

If you are still bleeding you may need to leave off cleaning for a day or so just to let things clot as often by removing the scabbing on the outside you restart the bleeding all over again!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

yeah i mean i layed off the cleaning twice a day to just once after a shower and it seems to of stopped bleeding i think. I still think its kinda swollen as i went to a gig last night and it kinda got hit about. The bruisings kinda calmed down abit too.

Good to hear its feeling a bit better, hope it continues to improve!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.