Thread: rook bump? =/

Default rook bump? =/

sorry this is probably the most common type of thread going i'm just a bit concerned =/. I've had my rook pierced for just 1 week and have been following aftercare religiously just 1 salt soak a day and no touching/ moving of the jewellery yet there seems to be something of a bump on the bottom of my piercing. I don't understand is this a bump or could it just be like the fresh piercing that needs to settle down?
    thanks for any help and heres a pic..

Hey i'm Sarah.

lobes 12mm, labret, Tongue, Nose, Rook, Right Nipple
    Retired: Outer Conch
    Tattoo: heart shaped treble & bass cleff

yours looks really good for a week, mine had only just calmed down to look like that in the past few days and i have had mine almost a year!just keep doing the SSS and just keep not moving it! good luck!
    Right Ear 4mm lobe, 2mm second lobe, 1.2mm helix
    Left Ear 14mm lobe, 4mm second lobe, rook-retired :(
    Retired double left nostril now just one nostril
    Horizontal nipples!!
    Right side of lip - retired again
    Septum!

Facial microdermal
    Navel-retired

Some ink...need more

I really wouldn't worry about it or do anything about it yet.

Hello... similar question. I had my rook piercing a week and my friend gave me a knock to the side of the head. causing trama=swelling=needing bigger piercing=thicker bar=more swelling and then infection. I've got anti biotics to treat the infection. The nurse says I should take it out to avoid getting a coliflower ear, because I might be developing and absess wich will harden and mishapen my ear... I just took the piercing out... but now I'm worried that I shouldn't have done as there's no discharge coming out the ear but it's still very very swollen... should I put it back in or leave it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Niccitine View Post
    Hello... similar question. I had my rook piercing a week and my friend gave me a knock to the side of the head. causing trama=swelling=needing bigger piercing=thicker bar=more swelling and then infection. I've got anti biotics to treat the infection. The nurse says I should take it out to avoid getting a coliflower ear, because I might be developing and absess wich will harden and mishapen my ear... I just took the piercing out... but now I'm worried that I shouldn't have done as there's no discharge coming out the ear but it's still very very swollen... should I put it back in or leave it be?

im pretty sure that taking the piercing out can trap the infection under the skin which is not so good... google 'wiki ear collapse' and read that. I suppose that is the worst case scenario.. so the nurse obviously doesn't know what she's on about because taking it out is probably much more likely to end up in a 'cauliflour ear!' than keeping it in..

Keeping it in helps the infection drain and your piercing would probably be fine after the infections cleared up, if you can still put it back in make sure its sterilised tho :|

hope it goes ok !