Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Septum just pierced :)

I just came back from Dare 2 Wear here in Amsterdam. Sam was working again and I first got my tongue bar changed to a shorter one. Wow, it feels like there is nothing there now! I kinda miss the old bar already!

Anyway I then expressed an interest in getting my septum done and why not right away I blame cevolynn after she got her piercing done the other day I had also been watching some Youtube videos and was pretty amazed by how easily it (a retainer) can be concealed. I don't mind my friends noticing it but personally I would prefer to wear it in rather than out. Mind you, the retainer look, despite looking like a couple of bogeys hanging out of the nose at first, is growing on me (the bull ring look with CBR probably never will).

Anyway, she took plenty of time to check everything and make marks etc. We were aiming for my sweet spot. Clamps did not feel particularly bad. Close eyes, breathe in and out etc. and in goes the needle.

It really did not hurt much at all. We chatted about how it is actually disappointing if there is no pain at all. Well, after all the stories about how this is apparently the most painful facial piercing or whatever, I was slightly disappointed

Checked in the mirror and all looked fine. We flipped it up there and then and I'm not supposed to touch it for a couple of weeks. Got given a bag of sea salt for soaks.

Of course, having just returned home, of course I wanted to check it out so I flipped it down to have a look in the mirror

It does look very good indeed. From the front, side, every angle etc. the piercing looks fine and well aligned, doesn't look wonky at all.

If I take a hand mirror and tilt my head right back to get a good look up my nose, all looks well. There is maybe an absolutely tiny difference between each side of the retainer, maybe one side looks slightly more forward than the other if I flip it fully forward against the tip of my nose. I'm talking here about not even one millimetre - only a crazy OCD person like me would notice it and its not even noticable if you look face on into a mirror and turn my head! Let me slap myself

Just flipped it back up and will leave it like that for at least a week so sorry guys, no photos yet. I'm amazed how concealed it is when flipped up. I was hoping that a little of it would show so my friends could each discover it but unless I tell them, there's no way they'll find out!

There is no pain, only some slight discomfort if I pull a face by scrunching up my nose.

OK, what's next to pierce?
    old piercings :( 5mm (4ga) lobes (pierced at 4mm/6ga), tongue (1.6mm/14ga)

It could look off because of swelling, my piercer warned me swelling can make it look off.

Yay I'm glad you did it. And it was as painless as mine was.
    Current piercings:
    • navel
    • septum
    • right nostril
    • tragus!
    • later plans double tragus

Tattoos:

• two water lilies
    • Pink koi
    • Pirate lady bug

Pictures?

yeah i'm exaggerating, i've seem some disaster pics on the internet and mine is far, far from those, quite happy with it now. will flip it down in a week and take some pics. Unlike the tongue where you can't eat or talk properly, the "penalty" for a re-pierce is not huge with this but I don't even think it will come to that anyway.

only thing is it is now quite sore! pursing my lips makes it feel like a paper cut!
    Last edited by preppyguy; 01-03-2010 at 10:43 PM.

I decided to flip it down today to take some pics for you guys and also to check if it really was crooked or not. The mind can play great tricks on you and I just had to find out!

So I did a SSS and flipped it down with little trouble, didn't hurt at all.

You can see the pics here. Sorry for the large size. Anyway I'm very happy, you can see that it isn't crooked! Yippee! Oh and my nose is red (and bigger!) due to the SSS Excuse the jungle of hairs up my nose btw!

Small sample:

All the pics:
    http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/a...um%20piercing/

But then I tried to flip it back up. It was nigh on impossible! I guess it was already swollen anyway and then add the heat to it, even more so. I figured that the water would provide enough lubrication but every time I tried to flip it, it hurt on one side.

I didn't want to go too far and end up tearing it. I'm pretty sure I haven't, touch wood (is a tear visibly obvious or painful? because I have neither now. And it didn't bleed either). It would be dumb to have a non-crooked pierce and end up making it crooked myself! But I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened given no other bad signs.

In the end I was forced to use hand cream as a lubricant. Luckily this did the job. Maybe ice would have helped I don't know, but I don't have a freezer or ice so couldn't have tried that option anyway. Now I am not taking this retainer down for two weeks!

What dya think guys?
    Last edited by preppyguy; 01-05-2010 at 02:07 PM.

aw, it looks nice

Agreed!
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Looks good! And looks perfectly straight to me, if that helps =P
    http://iam.bmezine.com/?kenna

Piercings I Have:

Right ear: 4g eyelet, two high lobe rings,
    forward helix, four helix push-pins, tragus Left ear: 4g eyelet, surface tragus, upper cartilage, daith heart Face: left nostril Body: both nipples, navel, five dermal anchors along clavicle, triangle!!, vch

Piercings I Want:
    Tongue (maybe), hip piercings, probably more to come. I am very possibly addicted.

Piercings Retired:
    Septum, right eyebrow

Thanks guys. I may wear it down when healed even though that was not my original plan.

Something weird I find about new piercings is you really learn a lot about your body, especially the lack of symmetry. I have realised that many people, myself included, the nose and mouth are not exactly lined up! Of course, we are talking by tiny amounts.

Before getting this, I did not really have any idea of the anatomy of the septum either, unless you have these piercings, perform them or do rhinoplasties then probably you wouldn't either.

Now I find myself watching TV and looking at people's septums with interest!

I think this is a very underrated piercing and I encourage everyone to get it! It is similar to the tongue piercing: it is "internal", it is usually concealed. These make it more "personal" to me.

And if you still find the idea of a septum strange (as I did), just look at the BME galleries and a ton of Youtube videos and you will soon change your mind!

Do you flip it up or down right after a salt soak? Otherwise it'd definatly hurt. :s

It looks great!
    Current piercings:
    • navel
    • septum
    • right nostril
    • tragus!
    • later plans double tragus

Tattoos:

• two water lilies
    • Pink koi
    • Pirate lady bug

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast