Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default tips to remove stuck gauze

i had an op yesterday. the gauze is stuck to the open wound. ive soaked it in a bath for an hour with no luck. any tips??? ive rang the nhs direct but awaiting a phone call. its in a place i cannot see either

I would leave it for the time being. If you can't get it off easily, surely you're going to cause more damage to the area by pulling/fiddling/etc? Wait for NHS direct to get back to you to be honest.

Now
    : 8/9mm lobes. 6mm septum. double conch.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punch.
    central labret. L nipple. industrial. 9 tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

As far as I know, you shouldn't soak open wounds.. especially not in the bath, as this is a potential infection risk.

Didn't they give you an out-patient appointment to change the dressing?

they told me to soak it in the bath for comfort and do salt soaks - which was a bit random comming from the nhs, twice a day.

nhs direct told me to give it another soak and if doesnt free use washing up liquid on it. i did and its not moved so ive now been told to go into the walk in centre

nope no out patients appointment

Washing up liquid?? Well, if they say so!

It's probably worth a trip to the walk-in centre. It sounds to me like you'll probably need another dressing after all this faffing around with your wound. Let the professionals sort it out

gauze is off!!! yea! i had removed and loosen it so much that as soon as she touched it came off - it hurt as it was a tiny tug. nah i dont need another gauze she said its healing well but after the tuggin g and trauma its had - i need another day off work to rest for what i should have been doing today.

i know washing up liquid it seems crazy

We're taught in nursing to rinse with fresh normal saline until it becomes unstuck.
    Amanda <3

Haaaaaaaaave: lobes x2, left tragus, navel, left nipple

Waaaaaaaaaant: Other nipple, helix, skin divers! Plus a custom tattoo that I have been redesigning for years

On a completely different note. I love the Saskatchewan RoughRiders

lol 1hour in the bath and 45mins later in the bath - that would hav been an awful lot of saline lol. why saline though what does the salt do?

Rinsing and soaking are two different things. Soaking just softens things up but rinsing will actually cause the gauze to start to lift. And saline because it has the same salt to water ratio as the body so therefore it won't shock the wound with unfamiliar liquids.
    Amanda <3

Haaaaaaaaave: lobes x2, left tragus, navel, left nipple

Waaaaaaaaaant: Other nipple, helix, skin divers! Plus a custom tattoo that I have been redesigning for years

On a completely different note. I love the Saskatchewan RoughRiders

ahhh smart thinking. i was thinking bout running it in the shower to help lift it but it wouldnt have worked with where it was

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast