Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation tongue piercing - what can't i eat?

Ive seen a lot of places on the net say you can't eat dairy, and then some say you can?

Ive heard, no red meat; no dairy + no alchohol.

Help?
    Current

Lobes - Tragus - Belly bar - Tongue

La Tua Cantante Symbol - Nine In Roman Numerals

No alcohol is definitely true as it lowers your immune system and damages the delicate tissue trying to form around the piercing bar.

The meat and dairy thing I think has to do with enzymes which can interrupt the balance of bacteria in your mouth but to be honest with you its mostly myth and doesn't really effect the piercing as long as you rinse after eating like you normally would.

I made a diary about my own tongue piercing and there is a list of foods on there I found good to eat an ones that should be avoided as they're too difficult to eat so hopefully that will help:
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/for...ad.php?t=39408

(3rd post down)
    Last edited by kuku; 08-14-2009 at 06:14 PM.
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

llantwit major,wales,the uk, the world,our solar system,the universe

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    No alcohol is definitely true as it lowers your immune system and damages the delicate tissue trying to form around the piercing bar.

The meat and diary thing I think has to do with enzymes which can interrupt the balance of bacteria in your mouth but to be honest with you its mostly myth and doesn't really effect the piercing as long as you rinse after eating like you normally would.
    (3rd post down)
    lol i was guna say i lived off dairy products whilest my tongue was healing as i couldnt eat anything else
    THE NAME'S OLLIE
    Has..... _____________Exterme ish mods
    septum 4mm_________Frenectomy
    lip centre (3mm)
    lip both sides(1.6)
    both ears at 30mm
    Bridge (1.6)

Medusa (1.6)
    P.A (2.4mm)
    Both nipples(1.6)

Quote Originally Posted by surreel View Post
    Ollie, it's a proven fact that any woman worth having loves a mohawk.

Definitely no beer as it has yeast, but rye. rum, and vodka are ok, mind you however they will sting like a bitch! As for other foods nothing is off limits, just as long you rinse with mouthwash afterwords and you should be good I never had problems eating anything while my tongue was healing, I even decided to eat potato wedges and a chicken kabob about 20 mins after it was pierced.
    Pierced: industrial (r), nose (r), quadruple lobes, rook (l), conch (l), tragus (r), tongue, bottom (r) belly mircodermal

Craved: double left helix, double tongue addition, vertical labret

Failed: navelx2, bottom (l) belly microdermal

try and avoid noodles and chewing gum. they get stuck on the bar not so much fun when your in public trying to untangle yourself. lol. dont know if anyone else had this problen i always get my fork stuck on the bar somehow.
    Aimie
    Belly top & bottom, scaffold, nip,tongue lobes DIYers: Nose lip. sternum Lobes x2 . NO MORE : Hip suface 3 diy.
    two tattoos

basically anything is fine if you can handle it.
    i had dairy, no problems with me.
    Also had spicy and hot foods.
    mouthwash or sss =important.

just think before you eat. i tried some crackers with soup. hmm yeah, the bits of cracker were not fun to eat since i had to move it around the bar and not poke/irritate the piercing.

To be honest there is nothing I don't eat when I am healing a tongue piercing, I used to avoid obvious things like booze and spicy things and stringy things only because of the whole, stinging/getting stuck issue but I did carry a bottle of SS water with me everywhere I went and whenever I ate I'd rinse after.
    Although when I had my 1st tongue piercing I found it really difficult to eat for 2 weeks but not with the other 2!
    Love Pinks xXx
    Body Piercing Mummy to 4!

Saskia Alice, born 3rd March 2008
    Current:1xLip,4xtounge,1xmadonna,4xnavel,2xeyebrow ,1x nostril, 1x nipple,1x tragus,1xanit-tragus,1xscaffold,1xorbital scaffold,1x conch,5xhelix,5xlobe,4xauricule1xhood,1xwebbing,2x streched lobes,7mm,1xSeptum,2xsnakebites
    Skin diver wrist
    Retired 6x helix,6x lobe,1x nostril,1x nipple

PM me for: Autoclaving service
    http://piercedpinks.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ripley View Post
    Definitely no beer as it has yeast, but rye. rum, and vodka are ok, mind you however they will sting like a bitch! As for other foods nothing is off limits, just as long you rinse with mouthwash afterwords and you should be good I never had problems eating anything while my tongue was healing, I even decided to eat potato wedges and a chicken kabob about 20 mins after it was pierced.
    The yeast in beer is different from the stuff that causes a problem, and yeah don't drink rum/vodka for the reasons Kuku said! Also if you're drinking, you're more likely to play with it because you won't notice the pain = not good.

Oh and Polos are the devil with a new tongue piercing!

Yes the yeast thing is a myth, you're more likely to get a yeast infection by cleaning with strong mouthwash because it strips the tongue of bacteria that fight that kind of thing off apparently :P
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon_Spider View Post
    The yeast in beer is different from the stuff that causes a problem, and yeah don't drink rum/vodka for the reasons Kuku said! Also if you're drinking, you're more likely to play with it because you won't notice the pain = not good.

Oh and Polos are the devil with a new tongue piercing!
    LMAO!
    Yeah, I forgot about that..........like WTF has happened to my polo?!?!?
    Love Pinks xXx
    Body Piercing Mummy to 4!

Saskia Alice, born 3rd March 2008
    Current:1xLip,4xtounge,1xmadonna,4xnavel,2xeyebrow ,1x nostril, 1x nipple,1x tragus,1xanit-tragus,1xscaffold,1xorbital scaffold,1x conch,5xhelix,5xlobe,4xauricule1xhood,1xwebbing,2x streched lobes,7mm,1xSeptum,2xsnakebites
    Skin diver wrist
    Retired 6x helix,6x lobe,1x nostril,1x nipple

PM me for: Autoclaving service
    http://piercedpinks.webs.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast