Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vertical Industrial/Scaffold swelling and pain.

I'm worried about my industrial piercing, it has got to the point of where it has swollen so much that I cannot (which means its too painful and slightly impossible) clean underneath the balls of the piercing. I am doing regular salt soaks, ibuprofen and ice. It seems to be the worst in the morning and I have not been sleeping on that side of my head and am only sleeping about 3 or 4 hours a night in result of this all.

My question is do you think it would be better to swap the bar for 2 separate bar bells as to release the pressure. But I can't get back to my piercer immediatly so what shall I do in the mean time.

The way I'm feeling at the moment (drained, tired, ill) I'd just like to take it out. But it was a present from my boyfriend and I would feel terrible if I did.

Plus that side of my jaw is really saw too, perhaps a little swollen. Funny enough I suffer from TMJ really bad (clicking of the jaw) on that side of my face and got the piercing there because I'm not meant to sleep on that side as it induces my jaw to lock into a unnatural position.

I'm hoping that the tenderness of the jaw is only due to the trauma that has been inflicted on my ear and not something underlying.

The piercing is only 2 days old, I know it was going to swell and such, I have had many piercings before, 4 being 2 helix's and 2 conchs. So I am no stranger to cartilage piercing pain.

GerryLeanne

It would probably be best to go back to your piercer as soon as you can and get two separate bars swapped in for while it heals. Some piercers advise to use two bars from the beginning because it quite common for a scaffold to be a bitch to heal with just the one bar.
    Obviously it is normal for a bit of pain in the first few days but what you are describing does sound quite bad. I'd say it's best to try and just clean it as well as you can and remember not to touch it and fiddle with it until you do get a chance to go and see your piercer.
    Don't worry you'll get through it, and you'll have a lovely piercing in the end

Yeah I've talked to my piercer and she is in tomorrow so is ordering me a longer bar and is replacing it with two smaller ones until its healed enough to put it in.

i had to remove mine on saturday :(

i'd had it for about a month n it was fine til a guy at work pulled at it and lumps came up under it... so on friday i took it out (which actually brought tears to my eyes) and put a labret stud thru th top as it wasnt as bad as th side bit. but on saturday i was in agony, so i took it fully out.

its bled a few times and it woke me up when i lay on it th past 2nites.
    GOTS:
    left ear- 1.2mm industrial.
    14mm plug.
    2mm plug.
    right ear- 20mm tunnel.
    2mm plug.
    1.6mm snakebites.
    1.2mm nose (either side).
    various cuttings.
    various tattoos.

i am th son & th heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. i am th son & heir of nothing in perticular. you shut your mouth how can you say i go about things th wrong way. i am human & i need to be loved. jus like everybody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by nintendocore View Post
    i had to remove mine on saturday :(

i'd had it for about a month n it was fine til a guy at work pulled at it and lumps came up under it... so on friday i took it out (which actually brought tears to my eyes) and put a labret stud thru th top as it wasnt as bad as th side bit. but on saturday i was in agony, so i took it fully out.

its bled a few times and it woke me up when i lay on it th past 2nites.
    Ouch

Cartilage can be a pain in the arse sometimes
    .:: Кєν ::.

Current
    : Daith, Daith
    Retired: Industrial, Tragus, Helix x3, Lobe
    , Tongue, Septum

twitter.com/5vek

That was an eventful afternoon. I went back my piercer and got them to try change over the bar. When I say try I mean that it swelled too much and was literally impossible. I'm quite glad now actually because the pain was too much for me (and I am REALLY pain tolerant) so it has been taken out. I was dizzy and white after this so my boyfriend took me out for lunch which is always a plus. I've cleaned it up now and the swelling has even gone down a bit.

And because it didn't work out I get any other piercing free after this

In future piercings swell more when you sleep as the blood flow is different from being upright so if this happens next time try sleeping propped up.

Also if you swell a lot normally then starting a course of Arnica before getting pierced is also a good idea as its great at helping and can be taken alongside Ibuprofen as its a herbal supplement. Just make sure it doesn't conflict with any blood thickening medication you may be taking!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

i was thinking about the coming scaffold one or 2 pieces, now im sure 2 when reach 8 weeks i ll go change it

I sleep ridiculously propped up anyway, 3 pillows and a blanket under my head. Which I know is bad for my neck but my jaw locks if I lie further back.

Anyway now the piercing is out, how long can I expect it to take to stop being swollen?

A few days probably as things will start to settle down. I'd do some SSSs just to help it along its way!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast