Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keloid scarring...

Default keloid scarring...

okay ive been told that i have keloid scarring around my scaffold and theres no way to get rid of it, but i thought id ask u lot! firstly what is keloid? why does it scar? how can i get rid of it, i know theres got to be a way!

spike i have a suggestion, something like a pinned glossary would be really useful, key terms, lists of piercings etc etc..i know it would take a long time to put together but surely if everyone helped then all you would have to do would be to collate them, then piercee's could browse through and check out what they wanna get done...unless theres already one up somewhere that ive missed? maan i'de feel stupid if that was the case :oops: lol just a thought, i know i would find it useful!

and the mammoth ivory/ebony flesh plugs in the shop...anyone know if theyre flared or o-ringed?
    piercings:
    left and right lobe, 1.2
    left and right lobe 8mm
    tongue
    scaffold
    nose l & r
    nips l & r
    tattoo\'s
    tribal heart and \'kym\' on my right upper arm
    \'mon timetis messor\' on my left upper arm
    hand print on my left breast

my best friend just had a keloid surgically removed about a week ago. it was huge and they had to cut it off and there was a blood vein in it so it bled a lot i guess
    Do you wanna be free? Set the gearshift to the high gear of your soul. -Tom Marshall

http://www.myspace.com/cheracolsorethroatspray

lobesx4, tragusx2, lower back surface

retired.septum.surfaceclavicals

Unortunately a lot of piercers confuse keloid scarring with hypertrophic scarring.
    Keloids are actually quite rare and people with darker skin tend to be more susceptible.

If you have a photo of it that would be great.

For now you can try treating it as the bump and see if that helps things.
    What sort of jewellery do you have in there? Sometimes changing the jewellery can help relieve pressure on the piercing and help the bump get better.

You should also start cleaning it with warm salt soaks twice a day.
    If you can, fully immerse your piercing in the water and leave it until the water cools, then rinse with normal water.
    Aside from that don't touch it or fiddle with it unless you have to.
    Don't move the jewellery through the piercing unless it is clean otherwise you would be dragging crusties through the piercing.

Try that for a week or so and see if it makes any improvements.

Good Luck.

My cartilage piercing had a huge lump on it a little while ago, it got completely better by doing what Elby just said.
    Piercings: 3x lobes, pinna, side lip.
    Retired: Side lip.

Quote Originally Posted by deathkitty
    My cartilage piercing had a huge lump on it a little while ago, it got completely better by doing what Elby just said.
    mine got better too... however my stupid EX piercer did it too high up on me ear so it kept getting sore an got worse each time, plannin on gettin it done again though asap
    Current piercings: left lip at1.6mm center at 2mm, tongue, both eyebrows, lobes 8mm, tragus, both nipples, inner conch, PA, Septum
    retired: right lip, lower center lip, industrial (the first 3 were takin out due to a crap piercer i used to do to) tragus (from when i first got it done)

Quote Originally Posted by bignige
    mine got better too... however my stupid EX piercer did it too high up on me ear so it kept getting sore an got worse each time, plannin on gettin it done again though asap
    Does it really make it worse to have it further up? I didn't know that, that's probably what was wrong with mine. Did yours bleed a lot after you had it done? Just curious because mine did and I thought cartilage was supposed to have a limited blood supply.

no mine didnt bleed when i got it done... ill try an find a pic an show u how high up it was done
    Current piercings: left lip at1.6mm center at 2mm, tongue, both eyebrows, lobes 8mm, tragus, both nipples, inner conch, PA, Septum
    retired: right lip, lower center lip, industrial (the first 3 were takin out due to a crap piercer i used to do to) tragus (from when i first got it done)

Quote Originally Posted by bignige
    no mine didnt bleed when i got it done... ill try an find a pic an show u how high up it was done
    Thanks! I'll try to find the one I have of mine too. Mine bled for about 20 minutes and on the way home it hurt every time the car went over a bump in the road for some reason. I thought that was weird.

i got hit in mine with a tennis ball after about an hour after gettin it done, OUCH!!! :(

thats the only decent pic i cud find of me industrial... looked worse on the inside of me ear though, had to bif lumps at each hole it was nasty.

just founed that one

Ouch! :shock: Having it hit by a tennis ball sounds painful. My dad's on the other computer at the moment so I can't actually get mine, but I'd say mine is about as high up as the lower side of that industrial if that makes sense. Did the lumps on yours go when you took it out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast