Question Heal A Piercing Faster?

I don't know if it's possible to heal a piercing faster, but if there is how do I do that? I got another industrial piercing about 2 months ago and there are ugly scars on both ends. I do sea salt soaks, but it's difficult to do them for a long enough time because sticking my ear in a cup means I have to tilt my head as far sideways as I can which is uncomfortable! Is that the only way or can I put something on it? I know creams such as Vaseline you don't want to put on a piercing, but are there any oils like Extra Virgin Olive Oil or anything? I just want my piercing to look healthy which it's far from looking at the moment

surreel

How do you mean ugly scars? Like raised bumps?

As for salt soaks, pop a towel down and lay on the floor. That's what I do.

Whack 'Hypertrophic' in the search bar

All that shines,
    Turns to rust.
    All that stands, in time
    Turns to dust.

surreel

Demi, I was gonna suggest that first. But I did think about migration too. Maybe a photo would help.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeExistence View Post
    I don't know if it's possible to heal a piercing faster, but if there is how do I do that? I got another industrial piercing about 2 months ago and there are ugly scars on both ends. I do sea salt soaks, but it's difficult to do them for a long enough time because sticking my ear in a cup means I have to tilt my head as far sideways as I can which is uncomfortable! Is that the only way or can I put something on it? I know creams such as Vaseline you don't want to put on a piercing, but are there any oils like Extra Virgin Olive Oil or anything? I just want my piercing to look healthy which it's far from looking at the moment
    When SSSing it get a towel put it over my shoulder, put my ear in the cup then stand upright holding the cup to my ear, it can be a bit messy.
    Current piercings: Lobes 18mm
    Retired: Septum, Eyebrow,
    Orbital, Central labret
    Wish list: High Snug, Septum punch (6mm), Conch Punch (8mm)

I'm Nathan

Last fm/Tumblr

Thats cartlige piercings for you, and industrials are worse then any other, tea tree oil in a carrier solution can be good, also a very week solution hydrogen peroxide, i know, i know ..... i would nt suggest using it as a rule but sometimes i does help with this type of thing

Hydrogen peroxide + new piercing = No. Not even to help a bump - its too damaging.

Tea tree oil is also overkill and too strong for regular use on a still healing piercing.

The best thing you can do to help the bumps is to remove any irritation - such as laying on it or pressure from that bar (by getting two seperate bars) and then soak it once a day in hot chamomile tea (you can always add salt to it for part of your soak).
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

also try taking some zinc supplements and vit c these can help boost your immune system when healing piercings
    Piercings

Left ear:13 including scaffold,tragus,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes

Right ear:12 including rook,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes

Eyebrow

3 x right nostril

3x left nostril

Left Nipple Vertical x 2

Right Nipple Horizontal x 2

Navel x 3

Vch
    Piercer and Tattooist

I'm not sure of how to put up a picture exactly, but yeah they're like raised bumps. I'll try the chamomile tea soaks and the laying down method to better soak my ear. I don't think it can be migration because isn't that when your body is trying to fight against the piercing and it feels soar, but there arn't bumps or any signs of infection? And it can't be rejection, I don't think because the bumps of tissue are on top of the holes. Oh and I don't know if this matters, but my piercer put a tiny curve in the bar to relieve tension.
    Last edited by StrangeExistence; 04-17-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Hmm a curved bar is likely to be putting pressure on the piercing - try changing to a smaller straight bar and then do the chamomile soaks as this should remove the irritation causing the scarring.

Its unlikely to be rejection or migration - just standard bumps
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.