Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what size needle for self piercing

Hi my friend is going to piece my lobes and lip for me, what size needle will we need for each and what jewellery,thanks

If your friend doesn't know what size is appropriate then I'm sorry to say I doubt in his ability to pierce you. I'd feel bad giving advice as it'd mean he's more likely to pierce you.
    Go pro!
    Shaun

Scalpelled - Stretched - Pierced - Inked

Senior Member mansonville-fuckers's Avatar

What size do you want your lobes and lip piercings to be ?

if you dont know that, go to a pro.
    Medusa -Septum 3mm - Conch - Tragus - L/R Lobes 1inch.
    Tongue split
    Tattoos - w0rk in progress..
    Over 22retired piercings.

wishlist: - more dermals - futher ink - dermal punch - 2nd tongue split

Quote Originally Posted by I am iron man View Post
    If your friend doesn't know what size is appropriate then I'm sorry to say I doubt in his ability to pierce you. I'd feel bad giving advice as it'd mean he's more likely to pierce you.
    Go pro!

+1.

i understand lobs being ok to do at home. ive done my mates. but i dont think i'd trust doing a lip. just ive herd a few horror stories from people who have gone to a proper shop n still had things go wrong..

but Yes. if he/she dont know the sizing. your better off going to the shop..
    I'm Nic, I dont Bite, Unless you ask me to..
    Left Ear : 22mm, 9mm, 1.6 x 2 conch, 1.6 inner rook, 1.6 scafhold, 1.6 auricle & 1.6 Tragus.
    Right Ear : 22mm, 9mm, 1.6 conch, 1.2 conch, 1.6 inner rook , 1.6 auricle & 1.6 Tragus
    Body : 1.6*14mm nape, 1.6 nostroil, x2 1.6 tounge, 3x labret lip & Both Nipples.
    Tattoos : Neck, Forarms, Leg & lower back..
    Retired : Cheeks.

I'm not against self piercing at all, I just don't think it should be attempted unless you really know what you're doing and having to ask a question like this shows you don't know what you're doing IMO.
    Shaun

Scalpelled - Stretched - Pierced - Inked

Quote Originally Posted by deevil_dee View Post
    Hi my friend is going to piece my lobes and lip for me, what size needle will we need for each and what jewellery,thanks
    The size is up to you.
    Current piercings: Lobes 18mm
    Retired: Septum, Eyebrow,
    Orbital, Central labret
    Wish list: High Snug, Septum punch (6mm), Conch Punch (8mm)

I'm Nathan

Last fm/Tumblr

1.2 or 1.6 are the most common sizes for those piercings, but please make sure you know what you're doing, and that if there's any doubts at all you just go to a professional piercer instead.
    Lips swell quite a lot so you'll need a longer labret stud for that than you probably think and you'll need the jewellery to be autoclaved also.
    I found a 10mm barbell was fine for my third lobe, so you might want to go for something similar, but it all depends on how thick your lobes are.

Out of interest, why is your friend piercing you instead of you just going into a studio to get it done? That would probably be easier and barely more expensive (if at all) than getting together all the other stuff you'll need.
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.
    Carrots are the banana of the vegetable world.

This post is proof that you need to do waaay more research before you do this

I agree, as a piercer i am not against self piercing but for gods sake do your homework, if your cant be arsed to find out that information yourself then you obviously wont have found out how to do the piercings properly, go see a pro

Normally lips are pierced at 16g or 14g, anything smaller is often too thin. Ears could be any size. Hope you also plan on buying an autoclave, and taking an apprenticeship from a professional. Because if you don't know the best size, you most likely don't have the skills and knowledge to attempt it safely. It would be much cheaper to get it done professionally than to buy all the equipment for sterilization or to skimp on equipment and pay for treating the resulting infection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast