Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tattoo prices

Default tattoo prices

ok so im turning 18 in just over a month and (as to my parents wishes) havent got a tattoo yet, so i dont really know that much about prices etc...
    i was planning on getting a large chest peiuce done that will be family based to sho my love for my mum dad and sister... i dont care about the pain, because they are worth it, but i was wondering about rough prices for hourly rates.
    i checked with my local tattoo shop (medway tattoo and peirsing) and they charge 70 an hour, so in all it will cost roughly 280
    is that a good price? does anyone know anywhere in the medway area that will be cheaper but just as good?
    much love X
    Have
    right ear : 20mm + 5mm 2nd lobe
    left ear : 20mm + 4mm 2nd
    tongue: 1.6mm
    left and right nipples : 1.6mm
    septum : 5mm
    center lip : 2mm
    right scaffold : 1.6mm
    left eyebrow : 1.6mm
    *the saint* logo tattoo on left arm
    red mario mushroom on lower right leg
    small scorpion on upper left forarm

Want
    right eyebrow
    left scaffold
    crossed nipples
    snakebites
    x

Quote Originally Posted by MattBlack View Post
    ok so im turning 18 in just over a month and (as to my parents wishes) havent got a tattoo yet, so i dont really know that much about prices etc...
    i was planning on getting a large chest peiuce done that will be family based to sho my love for my mum dad and sister... i dont care about the pain, because they are worth it, but i was wondering about rough prices for hourly rates.
    i checked with my local tattoo shop (medway tattoo and peirsing) and they charge 70 an hour, so in all it will cost roughly 280
    is that a good price? does anyone know anywhere in the medway area that will be cheaper but just as good?
    much love X
    Who is this artist? to be honest i think you should stop thinking about price and start looking for a truly great artist, it will probly cost 100+ per hour, although for a large piece they may quote a price per piece rather than by hour plus you will have to travel but it will be worth it.
    Pierced, Punched, Stretched and Scarified

surreel

I'm sure you've probably heard this before "A cheap tattoo is never good, a good tattoo is never cheap."

gandy

its on your body for the rest of your life, so spend as much as a good artist will charge lol

someone worked out how much his most expeice tattoo would cost him a day if he lived till 80, worked out under a 2p aday

Medway is near London, right? I'm sure people can suggest some very good artists and studios for you.

What style of tattoo were you after?

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

Well if you're in Medway you have a solid shop called Medway Tattoo and Piercing, or you have Riverside in Gravesend (where I've had a lot of work done by a great artist called Justin), or you have the Gillingham Tattoo and Piercing shop too.

If you're willing to go further afield you've got really stunning work pouring out of some of the London studios, and more out of Brighton which reallly doesn't take much effort to get to if you can drive.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by surreel View Post
    I'm sure you've probably heard this before "A cheap tattoo is never good, a good tattoo is never cheap."
    unless you're related to the artist :p

i had a talk with my cousin, and he said that the guy in medway tattoo is really good, and that 70 an hour is a reasanable price for such a high standered of tattooing.
    i wasnt worried about the price so much as weather i will actualy be able to get the money together to get it done.
    thanks ladies and gentlemen
    much love x
    Have
    right ear : 20mm + 5mm 2nd lobe
    left ear : 20mm + 4mm 2nd
    tongue: 1.6mm
    left and right nipples : 1.6mm
    septum : 5mm
    center lip : 2mm
    right scaffold : 1.6mm
    left eyebrow : 1.6mm
    *the saint* logo tattoo on left arm
    red mario mushroom on lower right leg
    small scorpion on upper left forarm

Want
    right eyebrow
    left scaffold
    crossed nipples
    snakebites
    x

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

Yeh the guys at Medway are pretty solid. I can only personally vouch for Justin in Gravesend but the other artists across the shops are all of a similar standard. (He is just my favourite. Because he s my friend)
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Didn't want to open a new thread for something similar so here goes (and sorry it doesn't involve Medway).

So went on a road trip today round some tattoo shops/studios in the Bognor/Chichester area today. 3 people. 3 tattoos. about 12 different prices...

I understand that things will vary from shop to shop... But how in the name of poo can the same tatt vary from 80 at one end of the road to 170 at the other???

Call it silly but I can almost see why people get crap tattoos because I've done my research etc. but even I'd be sat there thinking "How do I know who's right?"

Thoughts...?
    ,.-~*'"'` Rach `'"'*~-.,

Piercings

Current:

2 pinnas (Left Ear) * 4 lobes (Two Each Ear) * Navel * Tongue * Tragus * Duel Nostril (Right Side) * Spiderbites (Right side) (Retired but I want them back!)

Tattoos

Current:

Memorial Tattoo Of A "B" With Wings

Funniest forum member 2010

Joint winners: Chumley and DavyBobMacca

The most sarcastic forum member 2010

Winner: DavyBobMacca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast