Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tongue lengthening

Apparently you can artificially lengthen your tongue by stretching it/ pulling on it over a longish period of time. I like the idea because my tongue is naturally quite short, and lengthening it would allow me to split further.

I think this probably has roots in traditional tribal custom somewhere along the line, I've also discussed it briefly with my piercer who thinks it is possible.

Has anyone tried it? Do we think it's permanent, or something that needs to be maintained?

gandy

tongue lengthening?

mhmmmmmm? *has childish smile*

Quote Originally Posted by bigredfish View Post
    lengthening it would allow me to split further.
    I read this as "spit further" lol. I was gonna say that you can also practice to improve distance.

I'd guess that it's pretty permanent as it probably involves loosening of the tongue's connective tissue/ligaments, and they take awhile to repair themselves.

How do you plan on going about doing this? I'd imagine a contraption like those used for nipple stretching wouldn't really work as it'd move your teeth back instead of your tongue forward.
    Hey!

I have:
    10X lobes (4X at 10g; 3X cartilage (2X at 4g); tragus; bellybutton; tongue; center lip; eyebrow; microdermal on chest; 2 tattoos

I want:
    another tragus; 1X horizontal hood.

Quote Originally Posted by gandy View Post
    tongue lengthening?

mhmmmmmm? *has childish smile*
    I thoght this to. I had considered tongue splitting in the past but have always thought I had a very short tongue, i guess in theory it could work, sort of a tongue massage, as you would with lobes to loosen them up?

Let us know if you find anymore about it...
    EDIT: other than the blokes who want it done for oral sex reasons, There seems to be alot about cutting the 'Frenum Lingui' (sp?), and there are alot of ties to yoga?
    dunno if this is the sort of thing you've found too.
    Last edited by WITHOUT _Armour; 02-19-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    * Anti-Tragus (1.6mm) * Left Lobe (8mm) * Right Lobe (8mm) * Right Nipple diagonal (2mm) *
    * Left Nipple Vertical (retired)* Double nostrils both (3mm) * Right Inner Conch (retired) *
    * Left Inner Conch Punched @ (5mm) * SEPTUM (2.4mm) *

Aye, I would consider a sublingual frenectomy. I just thought I might try the whole lengthening thing first. Why not?

From what I can gather, you'd just basically pull on your tongue. Get hold of it with a cloth or something and give it a tug... But for a few minutes every day. I suspect it would take quite a long time to have any noticeable effect.

My tongue split appears to be healed now for all intents and purposes.. I'm going to give it a few more weeks to settle and then I might try my experiment...!

I think it'd work, probably take a while though.
    Shaun

Scalpelled - Stretched - Pierced - Inked

I have had a frenectomy, then removed the regrowth once. It made a notciable difference

I'm about to cut remove all the regrowth again this week

As for milking the tongue, it does work after a LONG time of doing it, for 15-30 minutes per day from my research. One guy I spoke to achieved good results, but when he stopped doing it regularly it started to shrink back...
    10mm Outer Conch (punched @ 8mm), 3.2mm Helix, 22mm Lobe (scalpeled to 12mm from nothing), 2x 10mm lobe, Transverse lobe through both tunnels, 11mm Labret (was 16mm), 16mm Septum, Branding on left middle finger, 2x lingual frenectomy,subdermal implant in hand, Biomechanical Chest Piece + loads retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley
    Think i polished mine 3 times in the month! Not so clean at the moment, but it's still perfect in every other way.
    http://iam.bmezine.com/?HELLS_MoNkEy

I guess preventing regrowth on a sublingual frenectomy is virtually impossible, good luck

Aye, I have a feeling it would start to shrink back. I'm not sure it's something I could commit to for 30 mins of every day for the rest of my life. A frenectomy (or several) might be the way forward.

It is something that Thou Art might do? or would they just secretly advise me to do it myself? :p

they'd do it. Best to have someone professional do the first cut, just so you know theres nothing dangerous there
    10mm Outer Conch (punched @ 8mm), 3.2mm Helix, 22mm Lobe (scalpeled to 12mm from nothing), 2x 10mm lobe, Transverse lobe through both tunnels, 11mm Labret (was 16mm), 16mm Septum, Branding on left middle finger, 2x lingual frenectomy,subdermal implant in hand, Biomechanical Chest Piece + loads retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley
    Think i polished mine 3 times in the month! Not so clean at the moment, but it's still perfect in every other way.
    http://iam.bmezine.com/?HELLS_MoNkEy

To be honest, I don't have much of one to cut.. But there's no harm asking. Next time I'm in the area I might pop in and ask their opinion (or ask Samppa when I see him in Nov).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast