Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sternum questions!

Right, I might be getting a sternum surface piercing later, it'll be my first surface piercing, so i was wondering if there was any general advice people could give me on it?
    Healing time? Did it hurt much to exercise after? What kind of aftercare should you do (i.e. LITHA or SSS)?
    Also, if you have/had one, how long is it likely to last? And how long was it sore for?
    I might otherwise get a MD there or somewhere else.
    Cheers for any advice, sorry for being a bit vague .

errm i don't have much to say, i had mine for about.. a month or two? i mainly took it out cos i got bored and my boobahs kept squishing it aha.
    i just did SSS on the crusties when it god bad.
    It was never particularly sore... other than when i was in the shower and obvs with no bra on there was a bit of tention on the piercing.. you won't have this problem though :P

yahh
    i duno, i don't think there's alot more i can say >.<
    Sarah

Baha, well I guess I'm lucky in that sense .
    Well cheers anyway! I'm off now, so maybe I'll get it, maybe not :S.

I recommend SSS twice a day, but if you are experienced with piercings then its about what works best for you i guess hehe :P
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

I've got 2 MD's and 2 surface piercings around my sternum and to be honest, if I had to choose, I would swap my surfaces for MD's... MDs are less bitchy than surfaces. Surfaces get angry if they get knocked, and mine leak a fair bit too.. MDs seem to go better I reckon
    Lobes : 2x12mm, 1x8mm, 3x6mm, 2x1.6mm
    Right eyebrow : 1.2
    Both nostrils : 0.8
    Septum : 2.5
    Tongue : Centre 1.6, Vipers 1.6, Webbing 1.2
    Labret : 2x 1.6
    Both nipples : 2.0
    VCH : 1.6
    Triangle : 1.6
    Chest microdermals x 2
    Chest surface x 2

RIP Back microdermals x 2

I had my Sternum pierced for a good 7-8 months.
    Rejected in the end but it was dandy for the time it was in.

You NEED to just leave it be. Don't get it wet, not even to clean it i would say. Evern in the Shower i kept a hand over that sort of area just to keep it as dry as possible. Getting it wet provokes rejection very quickly. And i barely noticed it was there most of the time.

Painwise. Easiest i've had. I often play pierce in that area as it's just so numb i find.
    James.

Stretched: 28mm Lobes. 8mm Labret. 9mm Septum. 3.2mm Nostrils. 4mm Navel. 6mm Helix.
    Pierced: Lower Navel. Nipple.
    Implanted: Throat. Navel. Anti-eyebrow
    Ink'd: Half Sleeve. Lip.

"Misery f*cking loves me, and i love her too."
    IAM: JamesX.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesx. View Post
    I had my Sternum pierced for a good 7-8 months.
    Rejected in the end but it was dandy for the time it was in.

You NEED to just leave it be. Don't get it wet, not even to clean it i would say. Evern in the Shower i kept a hand over that sort of area just to keep it as dry as possible. Getting it wet provokes rejection very quickly. And i barely noticed it was there most of the time.

Painwise. Easiest i've had. I often play pierce in that area as it's just so numb i find.
    Mind explaining how moisture makes a surface piercing reject? I've not heard anything like that before!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

I would suggest MD's... no professional reason, but if you knock one ball of a surface piercing, it will irritate the whole thing... I've only had my ternum MD's coming up to 4 eweks, but I have had no problems at all with them...

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Mind explaining how moisture makes a surface piercing reject? I've not heard anything like that before!
    Have you never?
    Not sure how either TBH.. I just found that getting it wet made it much worse.
    I found is stupidly easy to care for, but by the sounds of it any people struggle with them.
    My body does seem to Welcome new piercings with great ease, my MD has settled with absolutely no worries, and i did that in a very stupid way.

Ok fine, personal experience dictates that getting it overly wet just seems to make them flare up. Found it with my Navels, MD and Sternum.
    James.

Stretched: 28mm Lobes. 8mm Labret. 9mm Septum. 3.2mm Nostrils. 4mm Navel. 6mm Helix.
    Pierced: Lower Navel. Nipple.
    Implanted: Throat. Navel. Anti-eyebrow
    Ink'd: Half Sleeve. Lip.

"Misery f*cking loves me, and i love her too."
    IAM: JamesX.

Well, thanks for all the advice guys, but in the end I didn't get anything :/.
    Asked Julie about stomach surface, but I already knew that was a bad idea what with squash.
    Nape was too expensive pour moi (needs to get a job for his lazy arse).
    Sternum was interesting. Basically I'm a) too skinny, and b) the skin is apparently often too tight on guys around my age in that area anyway, so would be best to wait a couple of years then get it.
    But hey, I appreciate her actually giving me some advice rather than just money grabbing . So it's one for future!
    Oh, and MD's were 60 each, so that was too expensive too.
    Oh wellll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast