Default apprenticeships in leeds

does anyone know any of the peicing shops in leeds that give apprenticeships in peircing?
    lip, nose, navel, lobe x4 ,pinna, nipple

I don't know of anywhere but i do know that there is a piercing school in Nuneaton! It last's a week and they teech you everything you need to know!!!

I don't know of anywhere but i do know that there is a piercing school in Nuneaton! It last's a week and they teech you everything you need to know!!!
    I bet they dont.
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Well all i know is my piercer is fantastic and that is where she was taught, she is the best i have actually bin too.

Default ...

is it like a grand a week and all you get at the end is a printed bit of paper?

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

You can't learn how to pierce in a week. Full stop. It doesnt matter how intensive the course is. My piercer's apprenticeship lasted 6 years but I would say that 2 years is a good minimum. There is about 1 placement for every 400 people looking for apprenticeships at the moment and no true professional would ever accept a one week course as enough to pierce anyone. Those courses are run by hacks and money grabbers.

Apprenticeships are hard to find, it's down to how much you want it and sadly there is an element of luck, a piercer isn't going to give you a position unless they KNOW you are dedicated and they have gotten to know you and believe you to be someone they could work with day in day out.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Exactly piercing schools are just a way of the piercer making more money. They are a complete rip off. Its impossible to learn piercing well in one week, you should spend the first 6 months at least learning control of body spills, health and safety, procedure, hygene and all good things like that before you even think of picking up a needle. Also any work you do should be fully supervised so any mistakes can be fixed (preferably before they happen).

The only way you can learn piercing properly is spending lots of time with an experienced piercer, CIEH guide lines state that a piercer with over 5 years good experience is ok to then teach it.
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike