Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Self-Piercing VCH

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but enjoying it a lot.

I need some advice, it's a long story...

I'd like to pierce my hood myself, as a permanent piercing, the decision is not yet absolute but I'd like to gather as much information as possible to make a decision, so professionals, particularly, would be welcome to reply. I have never pierced myself before but have had a number of piercings done by professionals, although no genital piercings.

So, I have a number of questions...

How do I ensure I have the appropriate anatomy?
    What equipment would I need and what gague?
    What do I need to know about hygeine and safety?
    How would I actually do it, in detail, what is the technique?
    Can I numb it and, if so, how? (Has anyone had a piercing where they have been numbed?)
    What about after-care and anything I need to watch out for?

I'd also like information on play-piercing in general and would consider play-piercing my inner labia (possibly permanent, but probably not) and other non-genital play-piercings. Any thoughts, advice, experiences?

I suspect a lot of people will say don't go there, but I am cautious which is why I want as much info as possible and it is my body and a bit of it that I love particularly, so I will treat it with care. I am very curious about this so good advice will be much appreciated

x x

I very much doubt anyone here is going to give you a step by step guide. I really wouldn't recommend even trying it if you have no previous experience in piercing yourself.

Why exactly do you want to pierce it yourself? If you want to treat it with care then go to someone with experience who knows what they're doing.

hiya there! Im not sure about self piercing (Says she who has ordered needles purely to see what they are like and if i would dare do something myself!) I can understand self piercing for the money side of things but i personally dont think i could! I dont know how i would manage to do a vch althoug i am planning on getting one professionally (I think!) as i am on the largr side i think it would be a bit of a task! Im not sure how you would know you had the appropriate anatomy for this or about any of the questions u asked im afraid but all i can say is let me know how it goes if you decide to do it and how u knew all the questions u asked! Hehe! im still gonna go to a studio and get mine done but i dont think im a big fan of bearing all infront of a complete stranger! good luck and keep in touch! xxx
    1x 1.6 mm right lobe,1x 2.4mm left lobe,2x tongue 1x rook right ear,1x tragus left ear,1x vch,
    retired
    1x right scaffold (I wanted to cry!)
    4x belly button
    1x right nostril
    tattoos
    tribal symbol at the top of my back
    chinnese symbol on the bottom of back meaning "pleasure"
    jack on left inside wrist

Katexx, Thanks for your comment. The reasons for wanting to do it myself are complicated, but I don't especially like the idea of gooing to a piercer, would rather be in control myself and there is also the 'play' element. I am just gathering info at this stage. Cheers x
    Last edited by princess_scarlet; 01-11-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: addressed to member

Thanks jacksmummy84, I'll keep you posted :0) I know what you mean about not wanting to go get your bits out! If it's not too rude a ? what do you mean about being on the larger side? Do you mean in general or 'there'?!
    Will let you know what I decide x

aw ur not being rude! I mean i am larger all over! and im a bit worried as i have a wee boy who is 4 now and i guess im worried about flappy bits (sorry if thats too much info!) xxx just realised im a senior member!!?!
    1x 1.6 mm right lobe,1x 2.4mm left lobe,2x tongue 1x rook right ear,1x tragus left ear,1x vch,
    retired
    4x belly button
    1x right nostril
    tattoos

:0) jacksmummy84, I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about and hey, big is beautiful. Keep in touch xx How did you get to be a senior member?! I don't think it means you're old, just that you've been busy ;o) xx

i have no idea love! i think cos maybe i have posted over 100 posts or something and shared my expieriences and asked alot of questions! im not sure! yeah well people say big is beautiful but i dont imagine a big rejecting vch would be beautiful! lol! i post on here all the time about piercings i am thinking of getting done and some i already have and i feel this site helps me so much more than going into a piercer.... I dont fancy going in and asking if my Clitoral hood is suitable for a piercing only for them to turn round and for them to tell me im toooo bloody fat! xxx
    retired
    4x belly button
    1x right nostril
    tattoos

I think most people would say that 1.6mm is the minimum gauge you'd want to pierce it at but preferably a gauge or two bigger. I wouldn't think this is a great piercing to be attempting yourself though, especially if you've never pierced before. It's not an area of your body that's easy to get to so getting the placement right would be difficult and it's certainly not an area you'd wanna risk messing up. Also I'm not sure numbing it is a good idea if you're doing this yourself

Overall I'd just advise you to go to a piercer and get it done

If you really do want to self pierce this is not the best piercing to start with at all
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

I'm planning on getting a VCH as well, of course professionally. To check if you have the correct anatomy you would perform the "q-tip test". Which you basically take a q-tip, lubricate it and try to place it under the clitoral hood along side the clitoris. If it fits easily, and without pain or discomfort you have enough room for the piercing, and the recieving tube that is usually used in this piercing.

For the rest of your questions, I really don't know.
    Though, for most genital piercings I've heard that, with the sea salt soaks, most people will also use their own urine to clean it. Kind of gross, but if it works, then who cares? lol
    Piercings;
    |Lipx3|Nostril|Monroe|Eyebrowx2|Tongue|
    |LeftEarx4|RightEarx5|Nipples|Navel|

Tattoos;
    Wrist tattoo; Treble clef/bass clef

Next;
    VCH - maybe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast