Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stretching With Silicone Tunnels?

I've been stretching my ears for a while now, and I have heard a lot about using silicone plugs or tunnels to stretch. Some of my friends have had great success doing this, and others have stated that it has porous surfaces that harbor bacteria, and stick to your ears when you stretch. I have also heard that using teflon tape on tapers is okay. So, if you put teflon tape on silicone plugs/tapers is that okay? It should remove both the worry of the porous surfaces because it covers those- and the sticking because if it's okay on tapers- it should be okay on silicone.

It should retain the flexibility and comfort of stretching with silicone, but take away all of the danger- right?

Not necessarily. I wouldn't use PTFE tape on silicone because bending the silicone = bending the tape and it can get all crumpled up, and a rough/uneven wearable sucks.

If you've never had a problem stretching with silicone and you're leaving a LONG time between stretches then you may be one of the few who cope with it fine. It's still not recommended though, there are better methods. It would be better to just buy solid plugs and tape up to the next size rather than risk destroying your lobes with silicone.

i personally have had good and bad expieriences with silicone
    the first time i used it was to stretch from 1/4 inch to 0g
    and i used some cheap ass silicone plugs from hot topic :(
    it blew it out due to it expanding too fast
    but i downsized immediately and went to a 4g and started over
    then after i tapered up to 0g i figured it was worth a second shot to use silicone
    i had been using df stone plugs at 0g for about 2 months before this and i used kaos silicone eyelits and it stretched fine then i used the same thing to stretch to 7/16
    i would not try it if i where you but it did work for me
    but if you are using df plugs and want to go to the next size with them you should be ok
    piercings: 4 lobies at 20mm and septum at 1.6mm and inverse naval at 1.6mm

wish list:
    25mm lobes
    0g septtum
    11mm conches

i recommend kaos sillicone tunnels.
    they're thicker than the normal tunnels and iv never had any problems with them.
    alot of the time the people who have major problems with using sillicone are the people that jump sizes and dont wait long enough between each stretch.
    iv also taped my kaos and had no problems.
    stretched lobes - 30mm
    angel bites - 2x 1.6mm
    snake bites - 2x 1.6mm
    septum - 2.4mm
    smiley - 1.2mm

-tats-
    peace - right wrist
    love - left wrist
    star - left hip
    blue diamond - left arm
    blue diamond - right arm

VEGAN.
    because life is too short to make others shorter.

I use silicone to stretch sometimes. In fact im wearing mine right now, just not stretching. I have had NO problems with them ever. Just blood buildup from me being an idiot and stretching too fast. But you should be fine.
    Have:
    (1"1/2") 38mm lobes
    Anglebites

Want:
    Scaffold/industrial

Quote Originally Posted by xaxskylitxdrivex View Post
    I use silicone to stretch sometimes. In fact im wearing mine right now, just not stretching. I have had NO problems with them ever. Just blood buildup from me being an idiot and stretching too fast. But you should be fine.

No problems...but bleeding? Lol, bit of a contradiction there. It's more likely that people will have problems than be fine, really.

Is it ok to wear silicone all the time?
    Current: Left ear (10mm), (6mm),
    Right ear (16mm), 1.2mm
    Septum (1.6mm)
    Retired: Wrists, Bridge :(
    High nostrils, Tongue Web, Nipple

Some people find it drying...my ears get pretty itchy and dry if I wear my earskins for 3 or so days in a row. It's okay if I take them out every day to oil them and my ears though.

Quote Originally Posted by katexx View Post
    No problems...but bleeding? Lol, bit of a contradiction there. It's more likely that people will have problems than be fine, really.

Yea its not from me using the silicone its because i stretch one every week or so because im a dumbass. I stretched yesterday with siilicone ahain to 3/4 but took them out because f pain. so im gonn await a while before stretching again cause im being a complete dumbass with it. I wish i had taken better care of it. Its all enxiousness and i hate it. So all people do me a favor. DONT STRETCH TOO FAST. Take it from my experience. If you stretch too fast and damage your ears. You just gonna have to downsize and wait even longer to get to your desired size. So in fact its faster than stetching too fast and it wayy better for your lobes.
    Have:
    (1"1/2") 38mm lobes
    Anglebites

Want:
    Scaffold/industrial

gandy

srsly, take out your plugs and go away plox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast