Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Talking 3 Microdermal Anchors on my wrist! (UPDATED with aftercare info at page 6)

Hey everyone!

So, I saw this picture of a pierced wrist last week-end. Actually it was a coincidence as I was searching the internet for something completely different. I must admit that I never had seen this kind of piercing before, but it was love at first sight. It seemed so original and adorable at the same time. I knew straight away that I needed to get one myself, so I started to do some research on the piercing. Without offending anyone out there, I read alot of stories about the wrist piercings rejecting quite easily which made me reconsider.
    The next day I was searching bodyjewellery's online store for different stuff and found this "thingie" called a microdermal anchor. What the..? Never seen anything like that before. Googled it, YouTubed it - was even more amazed than I had been about the wrist piercing. 3 is my lucky number, so the thought of me being able to get three piercings next to eachother was perfect. Still on my wrist though!
    Yesterday I called several piercers in Copenhagen, but most refused to do microdermal implants due the the fact that it's so new. Luckily this very famous piercer in Denmark called "Muffe" agreed on doing it, since he apparently are the only one able to do this kind of piercing in entire Copenhagen.
    After the research and a talk with the piercer, microdermals seemed like a better choise than a normal surface piercing.
    Anyway, I am booked to have the microdermals done on Tuesday the 2nd of September at 15.30. Fortunately I was allowed to get all three done at the same day. I am so thrilled about it!
    I'd love to hear if any of you have/have had this type of piercing the same place as I am getting mine. How has the healing process been, for how long have you had it or them/did you have it or them?

- Lea

PS: My friend is coming along to take pictures/videos of the piercings while they are done, so I will post them here next week for those who might be interested.

EDIT: The finished product...
    Last edited by leahedwig; 09-18-2008 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Uploaded a picture!
    LEA
    5 lobe piercings (two at 2g) 1 Auricle piercing 2 Pinna piercings 2 tragus piercings 1 nostril 2 tattoos (wrist & neck/back)
    Retired: 1 Tounge piercing 3 microdermals (wrist)
    The future will not remember, the past does not forget!

Oh sounds awesome, good luck and we want piccies when it's done
    edit: I should've have read your p.s bit =P

Ooooh im excited to see it (:
    Happy healing when it's done.
    I have.
    4 on right ear.
    4 on left ear (including tragus)
    Nose.
    Madonna.

Wishlist.
    Tongue Web.
    Double Helix.
    Rook.
    Nipple again.
    Retired.
    Nipple.

Senior Member anditsinthefishbowl's Avatar

the healling is really easy. just give them a clean before going to bed with salt water.

i've had one for 5 months and the other for a week.

my piercers been doing them for about 2 years and told me not to fiddle, donttry and change the tops because you move the plate and this is then when they tend to reject.

leave them be for about 8 months. then get your piercer to change them. they will be anchored in properly then

happy healing. cant wait for photos

do de da do

Have:

Navel, Two sternum dermal anchors (RIP one) , one 8mm plug (left lobe), five lobe peircings (2 left, 3 right) and two cartalidge piercings (1 left, 1 top right)and septum

i want something cool to write here.....

Facebook

Oooh how exciting! Im really interested in them so would love to see how they turn out

pics - definately please!

nikkix

Awww, I feared that I'd have to wait for that long until I could screw on new accessory. :( Rather wait that long, and have healthy piercings though. I wanted my "tops" to have black gem in them, but let's see if that is possible. When I called to make an appointment, I asked the piercer if I had any alternatives to the simple titanium accessory that they normally put on top. The answer was, that if I payed some more he could put on a gem disc, but I should be prepared that they would fade due to all the cleaning of the piercing you will have to do.
    Oh well, in my case I'll rather have a non sparkley gem than a titanium disc. Looks more feminine in my opinion. Both are cool though!
    LEA
    5 lobe piercings (two at 2g) 1 Auricle piercing 2 Pinna piercings 2 tragus piercings 1 nostril 2 tattoos (wrist & neck/back)

Good luck - microdermals still seem to have a pretty high rejection rate though
    Got: both lobes, left tragus, left scaffold, right conch, right rook, both anti-tragii (?), tongue, nape, 2 clavicle microdermals, double high nostrils

Want: VCH, left conch, vertical lip

Retired: both eyebrows, nostril, navel, 2 lobes each side, rook, helix, centre labret

Tattoos: rose on right toe, cherry blosson on left foot, Kanji dragons on lower back, lion on upper back, heart and scrolls on left wrist (coverup booked with Rob @ Border Rose for 18th December).

Congrats
    Peter Petrelli is my hero

maybememories6@hotmail.com

1.2mm Monroe
    1.6mm Septum
    3.4mm Lobe
    1.6mm Tongue
    3 Microdermals
    1.2mm Daith
    1.2mm Conch

Meh, such negative reactions I've gotten from friends, family and coworkers about this idea. Not that it's going to change my mind about it. I am still thrilled, and counting the days til Tuesday.. In fact I have done so since I got the appointment. :P
    People think it will look wierd and have an idea that it will only do me bad to have them. Chance of rejection, them being ripped out, much money for such a "small thing" etc. It's bothering me quite alot. As mentioned, not because it makes me reconsider, simply because I don't wish to have the discussion. I guess I have learned just to keep my mouth shut the next time, and then people can comment after.
    However, it's a comfort that I know I can post the pictures of the microdermals here, and the chance that someone will like it is big.
    Anyway, just some thoughts here 4 days before I'm getting my dearies.
    LEA

I definately didn't mean to be negative - I've got wrist microdermals on my wishlist for this year. But I'm having a nightmare with one of my clavical microdermals so was just giving a bit of a heads up that maybe they are not the permanent thing suggested by some piercers. But they look great
    Got: both lobes, left tragus, left scaffold, right conch, right rook, both anti-tragii (?), tongue, nape, 2 clavicle microdermals, double high nostrils

Want: VCH, left conch, vertical lip

Retired: both eyebrows, nostril, navel, 2 lobes each side, rook, helix, centre labret

Tattoos: rose on right toe, cherry blosson on left foot, Kanji dragons on lower back, lion on upper back, heart and scrolls on left wrist (coverup booked with Rob @ Border Rose for 18th December).

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast