Question VCH piercing... infected, or not infected?

Ok I got a Vertical Clitoral Hood piercing maybe.... 4 weeks ago? It was healing marvelously up until about two days ago. I had thought that it was completely healed... nothing was wrong with it, it never hurt, it looked almost like a natural part of my body. Two days ago I noticed a bit of crustiness, which I know is normal during the healing process, but I hadn't had it much before. I cleaned it off and didn't think much of it. Since then, there has been more crust, and a tiiiny bit of white-ish discharge. Really though, it's a very small amount. Again, I didn't think much of it. Then today, there was much more crust, still a tiny bit of discharge, and it was hurting a bit. I gently wiped more of the crust off a few minutes ago and a small amount of blood showed up. Again... a very small amount... but I feel like that shouldn't happen. It's still feeling a little bit sore. I'm just not sure if this stuff is normal or not because it seemed to be completely healed just a few days ago. I would go in to ask the man who pierced it to take a look, but it's that time of the month (sorry to share!) and I don't want to put him through that. Sooo... anyone know what's up? Is it infected? What should I doooooo?

They've seen it all before - just stick a tampon in and tell them first, I doubt they'll have a problem with you being on.

However, since you're on I'd say that could definitely be the cause of the problem. Unfortunately piercings can often play up around your period, so I'd wait until a few days after your period finishes (providing it doesn't get too sore - if it does, get it checked) and see if it sorts itself out.

Keep it clean and if possible, let the air get to it (not always easy, i know). Maybe you've caught it and set yourself back in the healing process.
    If it's no better over the next few days, go back and have it looked at. It may be fine, but better to be safe than sorry, especially down there!
    Good luck x
    JULES

VCH and the proud owner of 2 new nipple piercings

Mine played up whenever I was on, and I got the occasional tinge of blood from it at that "special time" too. Lovely.
    Current piercings:
    1.6mm Lobes x2
    4mm Lobes x2
    6mm Lobes x2
    Conch
    Rook
    Tragus
    Nipples
    HCH
    VCH

Retired piercings:
    Lip