Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tongue piercing and bad breath?

As some of you may know i got my tongue pierced last wednesday, and the past few days my breath has been fairly bad ive been regular with my 50/50 listerine water, the swelling has completly gone away, there is very very minimal pain only when the bar is pulled on, i can eat anything now without pain, and there is very very minimal "lumph" or whatever its called (the white stuff coming out of the hole.

what could be causing this? ive been brushing like usual but i havent been brushing my tongue (normally i dont anyway).

Try brushing your tongue. Even when you don't have your tongue pierced, it's good to always brush your tongue. Think of your tongue as a carpet... while you sleep germs thrive in your mouth, and that's what causes bad breath. If you brush your tongue in the morning it will clean the "carpet" and make your breath smell better. I Have had my tongue pierced for over a year now and I find brushing my tongue keeps the bad breath away very efficiently.
    Current Piercings:
    Left tragus
    Right tragus
    Lip (right side)
    Tongue
    Nostril (left side)
    2 holes in each lobe
    And definitely more coming soon!

i agree with this i always brush my tongue and continued to do so whilst i had my tongue pierced.
    Suze
    P
    ierced n Tattooed

The more i think about it i think the smell is from the bar?!?!

haha let me clarify, i have a large tongue to start with and the bar i was peirced with (it was to small for my tongue) fell out one night while i was asleep. luckily i did not swallow it but when i awoke i spit it out of my mouth went to the bathroom, disenfected and cleaned the new longer bar i had purchased on my own, and put that in and it feels great.

no when i push the bar from the bottom, so there is space where the bar shows outside my tongue, that part smells bad >.< like the bar thats inside my tongue.

my gf has noticed it as well its kinda weird

Hm.
    Mine hasn't gotten that bad... but, maybe only when I took it out and held it up to my nose I could smell a little stink.
    HMMM..
    Try taking the bar out and letting it soak in some listerine. And while that's soaking for a couple of minutes, brush your teeth, and the tongue hole (carefully) and then swish with some mouthwash for 30 seconds. Put the bar back in and see if that doesn't do the trick!
    Current Piercings:
    Left tragus
    Right tragus
    Lip (right side)
    Tongue
    Nostril (left side)
    2 holes in each lobe

ill try that right now and ill let ya know what happens

K. good luck!
    Current Piercings:
    Left tragus
    Right tragus
    Lip (right side)
    Tongue
    Nostril (left side)
    2 holes in each lobe

So that went horribly i took the bar out put it and the ball in listerine brushed my teeth and my tongue hold and then did some mouth wash...

as i tried to put the bar back in i droped the ball and i was standing over the sink... guess where it went...

so i ran out and grabed the only other ball i have here (an arcylic ball) and i put that in some listerine and screwed it on... luckily it fit but i dunno if soaking it in listering for 10 sec is enough sterilazing considering i bought it from a kiosk at the mall >.<

OHh jeeze. I HATE it when my balls go down the drain, haha. I always make a habit of pulling the little um... plug thing up before I start messing with my tongue ring. If possible, you should put the acrylic ball on top. I learned that if you eat with a metal ball in, there's a good chance you will chip a tooth. I chipped one of my molars once and I have never worn anything but acrylic since then. If you can, try to just mouthwash with the acrylic ball in your mouth to sterilize it. Does your breath smell better, at least?
    Current Piercings:
    Left tragus
    Right tragus
    Lip (right side)
    Tongue
    Nostril (left side)
    2 holes in each lobe

Sadly i think its pretty much the same

haha i honestly am starting to think that the inside of my tongue just smells hahahaha

oh well looks like ill be carying around mints lol

and yea my acrylic one is on top i wanted to switch to acrylic after a while but the parlor told me i needed to wait at least a month to a month in a half before changing anything >.< seems i blew that number out of the water

Ty kayla for your help <3 my aims in my profile if you ever wanted to chat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast