View Poll Results: Should cannabis be legalized in Britain?

Voters
629. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

397 63.12%
  • No

169 26.87%
  • Undecided

63 10.02%
Page 1 of 152 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalize it?

Default Legalize it?

Should cannabis be legalised in Britain?

Your views
    and why you feel that way about it
    Joshua Anthony Bancroft-Wilson

Current:
    left lobe - 10mm
    left helix - 1.6mm
    left nipple - 1.6mm
    Septum - 2.4mm
    According to Al, I am the "Resident Stoner"

No. Not at all.

I have seen people - 'friends' - attack a random woman on the street because they were high, 3 guys on this woman, if me and my brother and his girlfriend weren't there, who knows what could have happened to that woman.

Totally legalizing it would be insane.

undecided, coz yeah i smoke it every now and then but alot of ppl i kno do it way too much and its messed them up badly
    just captain dale, nothing more nothing less.....

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

Yes

I don't see how cannabis can be an illegal substance, and yet we allow the drinking of alcohol to remain legal (and essentially expected of us). It seems completely confused to me.

I think the new moves to reclassifying as class B are completely ridiculous. All it's going to do is increase the amount of crappy product out on the market. There's a huge amount of cannabis out on the market now that has been blasted with sand and silica to flesh it out for sale. That's the stuff that's hurting people, not the odd spliff from your own home grown plants.

I'll never understand why the Government doesn't legalise it. By making it illegal and imposing longer sentences on the users when they caught, they're costing the general public far more in tax to keep the people convicted in prison; not to mention how much it costs to police a policy like that. They'd be much better off treating it like every other luxury item and taxing the hell out of it. They'd make enough to house the homeless, care for the elderly, and more than enough to fund drugs programs for substances like heroin and alcohol which cause much more damage.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by .Only.Streetlights. View Post
    Yes

I don't see how cannabis can be an illegal substance, and yet we allow the drinking of alcohol to remain legal (and essentially expected of us). It seems completely confused to me.

I think the new moves to reclassifying as class B are completely ridiculous. All it's going to do is increase the amount of crappy product out on the market. There's a huge amount of cannabis out on the market now that has been blasted with sand and silica to flesh it out for sale. That's the stuff that's hurting people, not the odd spliff from your own home grown plants.

I'll never understand why the Government doesn't legalise it. By making it illegal and imposing longer sentences on the users when they caught, they're costing the general public far more in tax to keep the people convicted in prison; not to mention how much it costs to police a policy like that. They'd be much better off treating it like every other luxury item and taxing the hell out of it. They'd make enough to house the homeless, care for the elderly, and more than enough to fund drugs programs for substances like heroin and alcohol which cause much more damage.
    Very well said seconded

Current:
    left lobe - 10mm
    left helix - 1.6mm
    left nipple - 1.6mm
    Septum - 2.4mm

Senior Member Flowers.In.Her.Hair's Avatar

Yes

100% agree
    Pierced & Tattooed....And loving it!

Proud owner of a Debbie original white jacket with big black spots and on those spots, piccies of all of the moderators of BJS

Yes

damn well said there, i agree totally.
    I'd also like to add it should at least be moved back down to class C, simply because a lot of people will have the odd bit of weed especially students, and raising it to class B means that if you are unlucky enough to be caught it could seriously harm your future.

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

I have a fairly radical view that most drugs out there should be legalised, but I do find the legislation relating to cannabis the most ridiculous of all.

The level of violence towards other people and damage to the internal organs associated with alcohol abuse far exeeds that of cannabis use.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by d3mayhew View Post
    damn well said there, i agree totally.
    I'd also like to add it should at least be moved back down to class C, simply because a lot of people will have the odd bit of weed especially students, and raising it to class B means that if you are unlucky enough to be caught it could seriously harm your future.
    exactly

Current:
    left lobe - 10mm
    left helix - 1.6mm
    left nipple - 1.6mm
    Septum - 2.4mm

i couldn't give a f*** to be honest, i'm not really gonna buy any anyway.

I'm Kirsten

Piercings:
    lobes: 14mm
    lobes: 1.6mm
    left helix
    left rook
    right conch
    right lower lip

Myspazz
    Last.fm