View Poll Results: Should cannabis be legalized in Britain?

Voters
629. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

397 63.12%
  • No

169 26.87%
  • Undecided

63 10.02%
Page 1 of 146 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalize it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Legalize it?

Should cannabis be legalised in Britain?

Your views
    and why you feel that way about it
    Joshua Anthony Bancroft-Wilson

Current:
    left lobe - 10mm
    left helix - 1.6mm
    left nipple - 1.6mm
    Septum - 2.4mm
    According to Al, I am the "Resident Stoner"

No. Not at all.

I have seen people - 'friends' - attack a random woman on the street because they were high, 3 guys on this woman, if me and my brother and his girlfriend weren't there, who knows what could have happened to that woman.

Totally legalizing it would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltBlue View Post
    No. Not at all.

I have seen people - 'friends' - attack a random woman on the street because they were high
    Doesn't sound like something cannabis would motivate people to do. Sound's like they're just a bunch of ****s.

I don't smoke green anymore cause I see it as a total waste of money...The effects don't justify the price, plus it just makes me feel tired and sick. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be legal though - alcohol has far more devasting effects.
    Last edited by .Only.Streetlights.; 02-14-2008 at 12:20 AM.
    http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2228/imageqm4.gif

| generatedamage | myspace | 14mm ears | right labret | nipple |

Quote Originally Posted by ex0h View Post
    Doesn't sound like something cannabis would motivate people to do. Sound's like they're just a bunch of ****s.
    No, I did know them quite well, they were really cool guys before they started doing weed regularly, like, before, they were good at sports, pretty average students, not amazing, but not total crap, they were just really fun to hang around with. After they started smoking weed regularly, started cutting classes to go get high, not turning up at school at all, stealing things to pay for weed etc. Then one day, when we were having around the skatepark, they started attacking a woman because she apparently tutted when they were found the back smoking weed. :/

It could just be pure coincidence, but isn't it amazing all three of them totally change, TOTALLY change when they start getting into weed regularly, at exactly the same time as each other, exactly when they start having 2 or 3 spliffs a day, two of them become extremely violent and one slipped his mum more sleeping pills so he could steal her purse, he could have killed her.

No, I did know them quite well, they were really cool guys before they started doing weed regularly, like, before, they were good at sports, pretty average students, not amazing, but not total crap, they were just really fun to hang around with. After they started smoking weed regularly, started cutting classes to go get high, not turning up at school at all, stealing things to pay for weed etc. Then one day, when we were having around the skatepark, they started attacking a woman because she apparently tutted when they were found the back smoking weed. :/

It could just be pure coincidence, but isn't it amazing all three of them totally change, TOTALLY change when they start getting into weed regularly, at exactly the same time as each other, exactly when they start having 2 or 3 spliffs a day, two of them become extremely violent and one slipped his mum more sleeping pills so he could steal her purse, he could have killed her.
    I totally agree,this is what happened to my brother.

Niccie
    Right ear.
    6mm,1.6 x2 lobes,1.2 Tragus,1.6 Conch,1.6 Scaffold.1.6 Auricle,1.2 x2 pinna
    Left ear
    6mm,1.6.3.2,1.6 Lobes,2.4 Conch
    Others
    Right nostril,tongue,labret,vch.
    Retired
    Nipples,outer labia, tragus x6, anti-tragus

sXe

.....are you sure they were only doing weed? I don't mean this to be insulting or anything....just seems like there could have been something else other than weed that they were doing.....
    Joshua Anthony Bancroft-Wilson

Current:
    left lobe - 10mm
    left helix - 1.6mm
    left nipple - 1.6mm
    Septum - 2.4mm
    According to Al, I am the "Resident Stoner"

Quote Originally Posted by Bosch View Post
    .....are you sure they were only doing weed? I don't mean this to be insulting or anything....just seems like there could have been something else other than weed that they were doing.....
    As far as I know, they were only doing weed, when I saw them in the ditch at school, they were only doing weed (I went down there to smoke cigarettes) and I know on the day that they attacked the woman they were only on weed. I don't know about the rest of the time, but on that day, it was only weed, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by d3mayhew View Post
    To be honest Coby, that sounds more to me like they were a) either on a cocktail of much harder drugs or b) acting like gangstas simply because they were doing weed or c) both
    I knew these guys, really well, they were in my classes, they were friends of mine up until half way through/end of year 10 when doing the weed started to affect them a lot. They weren't the type to go around and act like 'gangsters', even when they were on weed, they were really calm guys normally, but when on weed, they would get angrier a lot quicker, if someone looked at them funny or tutted or something along those lines. They were NEVER like that when they weren't on it. And they weren't even like 'proud' of the fact they did weed, which would make them go around acting like gangsters, they were REALLY secretive, I only knew because I went to a lot of parties with that group of people. Fair enough, you don't believe that weed can do that to people, but I saw 3 teenagers, all going to get pretty good grades, wanting to go to college or university, I saw all 3 of them burnout in a few months. It's a horrible thing to watch.
    Last edited by CobaltBlue; 02-16-2008 at 12:18 AM.

No. Not at all.

I have seen people - 'friends' - attack a random woman on the street because they were high, 3 guys on this woman, if me and my brother and his girlfriend weren't there, who knows what could have happened to that woman.

im sorry m8 but this is bull. no known strain of pot is this strong in fact ive never even been this off on the rare occasions ive taken acid. if they were on PCP or crystal meth or sumthing i culd understand it but weed? nahh

source: been smokin 3 years and the only thing i wanna do is love people, not hurt them weed is the peace drug

much better than getting boozed up and starting a fite with ur best mate hmm?

this country needs to understand that weed shuld be legalized not only for its recreational value but for the reason that a) there are huge medical benefits b) it can be used to make fuel in the oil crisis we are experiancing c) can be used to make clothes and food for livestock and d) the amount of munny the gov would make from taxing it wuld probably pull us out of the ressesion!!

cmon ppl, get with the plan! 420!!
    Left Ear :
    1 x Helix
    2 x Lobe (1 8mm stretch)

Right Ear:
    1 x Lobe
    1 x Conch

CHECK OUT MY DRUM AND BASS/DUBSTEP TUNES
    MYSPACE.COM/DJSAMWISEUK

Quote Originally Posted by dj_samwise View Post
    im sorry m8 but this is bull. no known strain of pot is this strong in fact ive never even been this off on the rare occasions ive taken acid. if they were on PCP or crystal meth or sumthing i culd understand it but weed? nahh

source: been smokin 3 years and the only thing i wanna do is love people, not hurt them weed is the peace drug

much better than getting boozed up and starting a fite with ur best mate hmm?

this country needs to understand that weed shuld be legalized not only for its recreational value but for the reason that a) there are huge medical benefits b) it can be used to make fuel in the oil crisis we are experiancing c) can be used to make clothes and food for livestock and d) the amount of munny the gov would make from taxing it wuld probably pull us out of the ressesion!!

cmon ppl, get with the plan! 420!!
    I have seen people get a little bit agressive, or start trippin but yeah not seen anything like this before...and at my age and the amount I have used in the past...The most I have seen any one on really strong weed is the inability to stand or keep track on a conversation..or have the horn! But mix it with something else then yeah I can see trouble.

No. Not at all.

I've seen exactly the same thing happen because people were drunk, yet alcohol is still legal and sold by the bucket load, limitless, to people who shouldn't be allowed near the stuff, maybe it's because the government can tax it? It's up to the persons taking the substance to control and restrict themselves.

I read in a medical journal a few years back that weed only enhances underlying mental health issues, there was more too it than that obviously, such as the amount taken, but it's true, I know plenty of people who smoke a lot of the stuff and they're fine, I know adults who have been smoking it for years and they're fine.

Alcohol is a much worse substance than marijuana.
    Last edited by gravs; 03-02-2009 at 01:23 AM.