View Poll Results: Should cannabis be legalized in Britain?

Voters
629. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

397 63.12%
  • No

169 26.87%
  • Undecided

63 10.02%
Page 148 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4898138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1517

Thread: Legalize it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    I'm starting to agree with the idea of it causing mental health issues. I used to think it could actually help them but the guy I just split up with smoked every day and his depression/anger issues just got worse and worse. Smoking definitely calmed him down, he was an absolute nightmare without it. I actually bought it for him every week to keep him calmer but now that I think about it it might've been hurting him more than anything. At least it helped him stop drinking as much.
    Makes you realise doesn't it? Mine stopped and was off it for a year but I still separated but it was clearly a big issue and affected him a lot. It also affected me, I still have personal issues now after smoking it for 17 years, 2.5 years clean. So yeah when people try and tell me it doesn't affect you or do long term damage I just switch off because they simply do NOT have a clue what they're talking about. If I could turn back the clock and not touch it I would.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

I only ever smoke it now and again, but still, i'd never try and say it had no effect, lasting or otherwise. It makes me quite glad I left my job though (most of the people I worked with smoked weed, so it was so easily available!), esp with starting uni I felt like I could all too easily become reliant on weed (not at all the same for everyone, but I have quite an addictive personality, so i'm always wary), and that for me, personally, it would help some of my anxiety issues, but would exacerbate a lot of the others.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    I only ever smoke it now and again, but still, i'd never try and say it had no effect, lasting or otherwise. It makes me quite glad I left my job though (most of the people I worked with smoked weed, so it was so easily available!), esp with starting uni I felt like I could all too easily become reliant on weed (not at all the same for everyone, but I have quite an addictive personality, so i'm always wary), and that for me, personally, it would help some of my anxiety issues, but would exacerbate a lot of the others.
    Exactly, it became totally available to me as my ex used to smoke it every day, day in, day out, tbh we even sold it at one point and I mean the super powerful green stuff as well. It certainly has an effect for people in the respect of an immediate hit but I also have suffered long term issues because of frequent use, issues I feel will probably be with me for life sadly, they're not major but they can be very annoying. I'm so glad to be free of it tbh, I also realised just how much it was fogging up my mind and my life.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Makes you realise doesn't it? Mine stopped and was off it for a year but I still separated but it was clearly a big issue and affected him a lot. It also affected me, I still have personal issues now after smoking it for 17 years, 2.5 years clean. So yeah when people try and tell me it doesn't affect you or do long term damage I just switch off because they simply do NOT have a clue what they're talking about. If I could turn back the clock and not touch it I would.
    Wow, it's awful that you're still having issues from it. I feel bad because I just kept buying it for him thinking it was just as good as an antidepressant/anti-anxiety med. I still think it should be legalized simply because everyone who wants to smoke does it anyway and it's no worse than alcohol but it definitely doesn't do anything good for mental health like I thought.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    Wow, it's awful that you're still having issues from it. I feel bad because I just kept buying it for him thinking it was just as good as an antidepressant/anti-anxiety med. I still think it should be legalized simply because everyone who wants to smoke does it anyway and it's no worse than alcohol but it definitely doesn't do anything good for mental health like I thought.
    Very true, it's no answer for someone with MH problems in my opinion but I'm sure some would be inclined to disagree with me.

I couldn't care less if all drugs were legalised, let people do what they want.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Yeah, I've studied it a lot and feel that legalizing all drugs is the best way to go. That way people who wouldn't be "criminals" otherwise don't have to go into the black market, put themselves in danger, etc. while someone who's buying something just as addictive/damaging can go right down to the liquor store and buy whatever they want. And at least it would be regulated.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

It's not really a tough one, for me. I know people are strongly opinionated on it -- and I'm sure this'll have been mentioned before -- but there are studies out there, and remarkably well performed studies at that, that detail just how harmless cannabis is in comparison to other drugs. Besides, if you look at Portugal, a country that treats addiction as an illness, then there's some more evidence in favour of legalisation; they've fully decriminalised drug possession. I would link to the images showing drug danger to others/dependency vs harm graph, but my post count isn't high enough!

I think it should remain illegal, it can do serious harm to a person (i'm not saying alcohol ect doesnt) therefore i think it should be illegal.
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

My hubby and I used to smoke it pretty often, but we've both cut down on it a lot. Weed makes me really hungry when I smoke it, and I'm an overweight gal who is trying to drop a little over 100 pounds. It does help me if I'm having trouble sleeping, and I may have a toke at parties, but that is it now. Now I smoke it about once a month, max. My husband has cut down a lot too.

I do think it should be legal though. Here in Canada, it's de-criminalized, which means that it's illegal but you just get a fine. I think that while it can cause some long term harm, it's much less harmful than cigarettes, and it can have some benefits for seriously ill people. But at least here if a teen or uni student gets caught smoking weed, they won't get sent to jail or anything.

Should be legalized all over the world.