View Poll Results: Should cannabis be legalized in Britain?

Voters
629. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

397 63.12%
  • No

169 26.87%
  • Undecided

63 10.02%

Thread: Legalize it?

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    How so and to what extent? Just wondering as I don't really see how marijuana use has effected anyone around me or my friends.
    PM'd you as it's very personal and isn't just about me. However I will put part of what I have sent you on here:

....it depends on the person and how they use it but what I don't like is the blanket ideology that 'it doesn't harm anyone'.

After all any substance or behaviour whether it be food, caffeine, alcohol, shopping, sex etc can ALL be abused so for someone to say one particular thing is safe and will never cause problems to anyone just because they haven't experienced it first or second hand annoys me. As for legality again I couldn't care less really, I smoked weed for 15 years (except when pregnant) I have to say it didn't really affect me that much, I stopped months ago and did feel some positive change at first but as it hadn't affected me that much in the first place then I guess I was never going to feel that different.

As for the extent, I was contemplating separation after 12 years, now it couldn't be any further from my mind.

I don't think it's bad, I just think it's another thing that can be abused just like anything else but for it to be classed as totally harmless is incorrect in my personal experience and opinion.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

i see it the same as Alchol.

I said Yes but I've got a feeling the government would completely mess up making it legal & make 'the situation' worse. Quite a few of the drugs they have made legal so far are worse than illegal ones.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley92 View Post
    I don't think so. Because even if it became legal I think most work places still wouldn't want their employees coming to work totally stoned, so it wouldn't be the equivalent to a cigarette.
    You mean like everyone in the Netherlands does? Seriously though, I don't really understand why you think everyone would just be stoned constantly.

I don't think it should be legalized because of it's link to schizophrenia. I doing my psychology A level and our teacher was telling us how cannabis leaves salts in your body that sit in your brain for the rest of your life which block certain chemicals, which is linked to schizophrenia. Also, she said it can take like 20 years for any of these symptoms to show so you might not think it was the cannabis but it could be.
    Current Piercings
    Lobes
    Monroe
    Tongue
    Nipples
    Wanted Piercings
    Nostril
    Center labret
    Second lobes
    Tragus
    A couple helix
    Sternum MD's

Quote Originally Posted by aishazi View Post
    I don't think it should be legalized because of it's link to schizophrenia. I doing my psychology A level and our teacher was telling us how cannabis leaves salts in your body that sit in your brain for the rest of your life which block certain chemicals, which is linked to schizophrenia. Also, she said it can take like 20 years for any of these symptoms to show so you might not think it was the cannabis but it could be.
    Just out of interest, do you agree with alchohol being legal?
    Dave

Current: Bridge
    Thinking about: Septum, Scaffold & Eyebrow

NO PAIN, NO GAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex696 View Post
    You mean like everyone in the Netherlands does? Seriously though, I don't really understand why you think everyone would just be stoned constantly.
    +1

Its not like everyone is stumbling around drunk 24/7. I don't understand why its illegal at all, its ridiculous to me.
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

I'm from the Netherlands and I can assure you, even though weed is "legal", people do not walk around stoned all day or go to their jobs stoned.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Igneous View Post
    Just out of interest, do you agree with alchohol being legal?
    I'm not really sure. I do drink and know its harmful but I don't really know about any mental health issues associated with it, and in small quantities red wine can be good for you. I think it's ok alcohol being legal as a lot of people are responsible with it and it wont cause any long term damage drunk in small quantities, but with cannabis whatever the amount you smoke it leaves these salts in your brain which is what is linked to schizophrenia. I'm not saying everyone who smokes cannabis will get schizophrenia and I've smoked it before i found out the risk, but I think the risk of schizophrenia is a good enough reason to stop it being legalized.
    Current Piercings
    Lobes
    Monroe
    Tongue
    Nipples
    Wanted Piercings
    Nostril
    Center labret
    Second lobes
    Tragus
    A couple helix
    Sternum MD's

I think they should legalize it pretty much everywhere.

I myself live in The Netherlands, as everyone knows, it is legal here.
    And honestly, i think there actually are not any issues as far as the soft-drug trade here goes. or the use of it.
    People will always find way's to get weed if it is not legal.

You have to be 18 here to buy it by the way.
    I personally stopped smoking it since i was 16 though, and im 24 now.

P.S.
    We're not potheads like some people generally think of this country.
    People dont go stoned to work.
    It is strictly forbidden to come to work under the influence of anything, be it alcohol or weed. you will get fired if you do so, no excuses.
    Last edited by Sacrilege; 05-22-2011 at 01:12 PM.