View Poll Results: Should cannabis be legalized in Britain?

Voters
629. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

397 63.12%
  • No

169 26.87%
  • Undecided

63 10.02%

Thread: Legalize it?

I don't think so. Because even if it became legal I think most work places still wouldn't want their employees coming to work totally stoned, so it wouldn't be the equivalent to a cigarette. It would still have to be in a controlled space or area. People would be doing it in the same places and at the same time as when it was illegal. So whats the point? They wouldn't be able to smoke in public because that would be forcing it upon others. Also, in a world that is being obese very quickly do we really need a drug that makes a lot of people just want a sit around with the munchies? Anyways, those are a few of the reasons I wouldn't want it to be legalized.
    Call me Smiley

Current Piercings:
    4 Lobes L&R
    3 Helix L&R
    1 Conch L
    Nose
    Monroe
    Smiley
    Tongue Web
    Vertical Labret

Tattoos:
    Swallow on left foot
    Anchor on right foot
    Script on left fore arm

I want many many more tattoos and a few more piercings. But I've got lotsa time and not a lotta money, so wait I shall!

Honestly it's legal here and everything is fine. People don't show up for work stoned, they are certainly not obese (not the majority anyway and those who are, are not cause of weed and munchies) Anyway, my view is, the more forbidden something is, the more people will have a craving for it and want to do more of it. Just my two cents.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Those are definitely valid points. I think its an argument that could go on forever haha. The people who really want to do it will do it regardless of the law, and those who don't wont start if it does become legal.
    Call me Smiley

Current Piercings:
    4 Lobes L&R
    3 Helix L&R
    1 Conch L
    Nose
    Monroe
    Smiley
    Tongue Web
    Vertical Labret

Tattoos:
    Swallow on left foot
    Anchor on right foot
    Script on left fore arm

I want many many more tattoos and a few more piercings. But I've got lotsa time and not a lotta money, so wait I shall!

I'm sure i've already voted in this, but yes, definitely legalise it.
    In Trance We Trust

Current Piercings (pain /10)

Central Lip (3), Right earlobe (2.5), Right top of ear (2.5), Nose (2.5), Tongue (3.5), Both Nipples (Left, 4, Right, 3), Prince Albert (4), Ampallang (5).

I want

Pubic . Nape . Lorum . Tongue again . Vertical Nipples . Some surface piercings. Want to start getting some tattoos done - still thinking about designs.

My IAM (currently inactive): http://iam.bmezine.com/?clubberdude1981

I think it should be legal. I have been drunk and stoned in my life and I know which is more dangerous: alcohol. Thousands of people die every year from alcohol poisoning. Nobody has ever died from a marijuana overdose. Some people get belligerant and combative while under the influence of alcohol. I have never witnessed a stoned person having such a reaction. Just give them the cheetos and everything will be fine! :-P The point here being that I think that weed is far less dangerous than alcohol so if alcohol is legal, why shouldn't pot be?

Weed is cool and all that jazz, yes it makes you smarter and stuff we all know it makes people focus.

But all my friends who were major pot heads. I talk to them now, and holy shit. It's like talking to a door. They don't understand half the shit I talk about and they talk slow and they are just slow now. Trevor, one of my best friends. ONLY smoked weed. But he can't play sports now, he cant run he doesn't do anything any more, and he has stopped. He's just to messed up to do anything, he's slow at everything. Major permafried. And his life is done now cause he has nothing.

Just my opinion do it all ya want, but I think it shouldn't be. Would be a bad idea in my opinion.

I'm not one for saying yes legalise or not, I actually couldn't care less but for all those saying it doesn't affect people or those around them well let me tell you, it does have the potential to do that in various ways, until you experience that you're not to know so I don't blame so many for thinking that way.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Show me that prohibition works before saying it should be illegal.
    "When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis"

Piercings:
    2x horizontal j-bars - nipples

Quote Originally Posted by .Only.Streetlights. View Post
    I have a fairly radical view that most drugs out there should be legalised, but I do find the legislation relating to cannabis the most ridiculous of all.

The level of violence towards other people and damage to the internal organs associated with alcohol abuse far exeeds that of cannabis use.
    I agree. If you want to hurt and possibly kill yourself you should be able to. Your body is just that, yours. I also thing that legalizing everything would actually lessen the use overall. Just look at alcoholism in countries where the drinking age is lower. There is allure to the fact that certain things are illegal. Thats why hallucinogens are illegal. They make you an 'outside thinker'. The status quo does not like outside thinkers. Not only that but if substances were legal, then many might not be as dangerous because people might not have to make things from chemicals they bought at the hardware store. Just look at meth vs. Aderall.

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    I'm not one for saying yes legalise or not, I actually couldn't care less but for all those saying it doesn't affect people or those around them well let me tell you, it does have the potential to do that in various ways, until you experience that you're not to know so I don't blame so many for thinking that way.
    How so and to what extent? Just wondering as I don't really see how marijuana use has effected anyone around me or my friends.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.