Default Raised white circle surrounding my tongue piercing

I just got my piercing a week or so ago. And it pussed and bleed for a couple days. But the swelling of my tongue was not that much I dont think, plus I took ibuprofen, but now the tongue tissue around my piercing is a white color- much like the oozing material from when I got it first pierced (but I was told by people that that was fairly normal and part of the healing process). Is it infected? Is it a sign of a keloid or a hypertrophic scar?!

Also. I have been using Cepacol to clean my tongue/rinse my mouth. And one piercer told me that I should use a sea salt spray but another said because its not an external piercing that may not be a good idea. Anybody with a tongue piercing that has an opinion on this?

I'm thinking of just removing my tongue piercing. But I'm afraid that the white circle around the piercing could be a sign of something and if I let the piercing close up it will scar and/or there will be an extra sensitive bump on my tongue. Anybody have any advice?

I'm not sure what Cepacol is but use an alcohol-free mouthwash a couple of times a day and it should be fine. It's perfectly normal to get white rings of skin around the piercing, and also for your tongue to get a manky coating on it while it heals. A lot of the problems will improve when you have the bar downsized.
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

You shouldn't be using Cepacol. It contains 14% alcohol. Go for an alcohol-free mouthwash or just rinse your mouth with a sea salt mix after everything you eat.

A white ring around the tongue is normal so no worries. Just keep it clean and it should be fine.

PS: From personal experience, sea salt rinses work really well to keep it from becoming infected and what-not; once you get it downsized (maybe on the 4 week mark) alot of the problems will improve and/or disappear.

Left ear: 16g cartillage x2.
    Right ear: Industrial @ 12g barbell.
    Nose: 14g Septum + 18g Nostril.
    Lip: Left side with 16g ring.
    Tongue: 12g barbell.