Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile whats size tongue bar do i need???

hi,ok so i had my tongue pierced about 5 weeks ago and its the best ever piercing i have ever had now i need to get a smaller bar but not even sure what size this one is or what size i need to change to, the one i have in is to big and is getting in the way,so does anyone know what the normal size bar i would need now my tongue isnt swollen?

gandy

really you should go back to your piercer so they can change the bar, tonuge piercings close up fast so its best to get someone who knows what there doing

Most tongue piercings are generally done with 22mm barbells. You may want to downsize to 18 or 16mm. However, do go to a piercer first, and get them to tell you what would be best for your tongue and what size your tongue was actually pierced with.
    Current Piercings:-
    1x 6mm lobe, 4x 1.2mm lobes, 1x 1.2mm Tragus, 1x 1.2mm Forward Helix - left ear
    1x 3.2mm lobe, 3x 1.2mm lobes
    , 2x 1.2mm helix, 1x 1.2mm Conch - right ear
    Navel (1.6mm)
    Tongue (1.6mm)
    Nostril (1mm)
    Lip x 2 left side (1.2mm)

Retired:-
    Inverse Navel (1.6mm)
    Nipple (1.6mm)

i'd been wondering about my tongue bar sizes too. glad i saw this post. I'm on like 12 days since getting it done now and have some interviews coming up.. fingers crossed they don't notice it as won't be able to downsize for a little bit yet.
    I have holes in my left helix, left nipple, right tragus and tongue.

As soon as I have a six pack, a hole in my navel will follow.

Generally speaking a 16mm is long enough for most people. You might need shorter, though.
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

Yeah go back to your piercer and see if it can be downsized and as maark says 16mm is generally ok but you may need a shorter one cause I have a 12mm one in atm
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    2 Septum piercings and Both Cheeks
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

Question bar size

Quote Originally Posted by HanjyFilms View Post
    Yeah go back to your piercer and see if it can be downsized and as maark says 16mm is generally ok but you may need a shorter one cause I have a 12mm one in atm

hi i just saw your post ive had my tongue peircing done a week nearly and the swelling is just starting to go down im slowley starting to eat more than just ice cream and keep catching the bar when i eat i no thats because i have the biggest bar in at the moment but i was just wondering when i get a smaller bar will i be able to eat normal and would i keep catching the bar like i am now as all i want to do is be able to eat properly and enjoy my peircing as love it also when i do finally get my bar changed to smaller one when i want to change the ball to different design do i have to keep buying new bars or can you just change the ball hope you can help thanks xxxxx ps do you no what size the smallest bar is that you can have thanks

The size of the bar will be dependant on your anatomy and your piercer will decide that for you. You'll find you won't catch it and you'll be able to eat fine afterwards, it's more a case of you getting used to having a piece of metal in your mouth more than anything
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 0g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    18 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

thank you red raven im getting used to having the bar in my tongue now just the eating part lol so when i have a smaller bar put in can i just change the ball on top to another one or do i have to buy a new bar everytime as think i like the coloured ball better and i no my peircer only do the silver bars that they peirce with and are all the balls the same size so i can just change ball when i fancy a different color xx

Once your piercer has downsized the barbell to an appropriate length, you can just change the ball, as long as you get one for the right gauge (almost certainly 1.6mm/14g). They do come in different sizes though (3-6mm are easily available, and bigger is possible too). 4mm and 5mm balls would be most common for tongue piercings, but experiment and see what is more comfortable for you.

Occasionally you might find that the ball and bar don't have threading that matches up (for example, the threading on the ball might not go as deep as on the bar, so you'd be left with some exposed threads) - if that happens, it's best to change the bar too, or just use a different ball - you don't want scratchy threads rubbing against your tongue!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast