Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Standard Labret bar length?

Hey everyone,

2 weeks ago i got my labret piereced with a titanium stud.
    I cannot for the life of me remember what size bar the piercer put in my lip.
    Does anyone know what the stanard length bar they use when they first pierce a labret?
    The one in currently is quite long but thats understandable as to allow for any swelling, which luckily i didn't get.
    Anyone know how long it's best to wait before changing studs? Also what is a good size stud for labret piercings? Are micro ones too small?

Thanks everyone

It'll be 1.6mm thick, and prob done with about 14mm, or 12mm bar. Leave the bar for a couple of weeks, wait for it to heal a little then change the bar.
    I'm done, I'm gone. There is nothing here for me anymore.

I have had it in over 2 weeks now and is healing very nicely. I will still wait a while longer before changing it though.
    What is a good size length bar to change it to?
    The one in now is quite large so i want a bit smaller one so it doesn't stick out so far at the front.

10mm? 8mm?

Thanks Dark Rain

Persionally i cant stand labret bars, i by far prefer a bcr. but the labret I (sometimes) wear is a 10mm. so about 10 or 8 is about right, depends on how big a lip you've got
    I'm done, I'm gone. There is nothing here for me anymore.

Cheers.

I can't have a bcr because the labret piercing is too low for a ring to fit.

Thanks again

my labret was pierced at an angle [several years ago], so the length of my bar is 6mm and i have faaaaat lips! the size of my bar is 16g, i downsized from 14g.

according to a [rather good] piercing site, the average length for a [healed] labret bar is 9mm.

To be honest this is why im a firm beliver in PMFK and such forth.. everyone is a bit different you can just cut it to fit perfect for the individual...plus it dont damage your teeth!
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Question

I've got my labret done two weeks ago and the bar was too tight, I did have the right size labret, but I lost he ball and the piercing. I've now got a 1.2mm X 8mm bar but now realised its a bit too long...what size should I get?

If the bar was too tight you didn't have the right size for all swelling, quite simply and that is likely to be your piercers fault more than anything :P

Did you get your bar changed by a piercer or do it yourself because ideally jewellery in a new piercing has to be sterile so it does not introduce new bacteria into the wound (and the only way to sterilise something is to autoclave it) which can cause infection.

As for length, well, when you say a 'bit' too long what do you mean? How many mm of the bar do you think you can see? Ideally you don't want a labret sitting tight against your skin so it can move with your mouth as you speak and eat so if its one or two mm longer than your lip it should be just right!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Default Please help me find the right jewelry for my labret piercing

I am in desperate need of help. About 2 months ago I got a labret piercing and I'm still wearing the same jewelry that they used right after I got it pierced. I need to have the same length though because I have a fuller lip on the bottom and the size I have now is a 20 gauge 5/8" (16mm) in length which is perfect size. I really would like to purchase a bio-flex gauge and a cute little diamond for the top but I seem to be ordering the wrong sizes over and over again. I am having a hard time finding a labret that specific size. Can someone please point me in the right direction please.....I've wasted $40 in jewelry, all being the wrong size

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast