Default Opening a ball closure ring for navel piercing

Hey

I recently bought a ball closure ring for my belly button piercing but have no idea how to open it :oops: I keep meaning to take it to a shop but havent yet. (I can't take it back to the actual shop I bought it in because it's in spain lol)

I was wondering if anyone could help me out...

Thanks.

If you can't manage to pop the ball out with your fingers then you may have to open up the ring. I do this in a funny way using tweesers and a pencil I invented. (It's cheaper than buying ring opening pliers.) Basicly, I put the pencil inbetween the tweesers then slide the end of the tweesers into the ring and push it along til the ring is forced open and the ball becomes loose. Hope that makes sense.
    I find that when I first get them they are always stiff, but after opening and closing them a bit they are fine.

well shops will probably use ring opening pliers to open it up, but you could just try carefully opening it with a pair of scissors until the ball drops out. Thats what i usually do.
    Piercings - 5mm lobe, 6mm lobe , tragus, nostril, septum (2mm), 2 center tongue piercings, labret, right and left side of lip, VCH.

Retired - Scaffold, 2 x 1.6 Lobes

It may seem like a large expenditure buying ring opening pliers but they really are the best thing for opening up BCR's comfortably and safely.
    Must think of something witty....

my dad had some ring opening pliers in the shed so i ''borrowed'' them haha....cleaned them up...took them to work and sterilised them and put them in my jewellery draw...since doing that i've only used them once :(

i find it easier to just hold the ring one side of the ball then use the other hand to pull the ball the opposite way until it pops out! and then to get it back in put one indent of the ball on the ring then push til it pops in.....

thats just me tho...i've been opening bcrs without pliers for mnany a year so i've got used to it....

i'm assuming my dad doesn't use the pliers much as he's never realised they left the shed
    Metal - Septum, Left ear - lobe x3 (middle 8mm), helix x2, inner conch, tragus Right ear - lobe x3 (middle 8mm), helix x2, inner conch x2, rook

Ink - Both ankles, back and chest

xEmmax

Default Thank u!

Thanks a lot for your replies everyone! Ive been staring at the thing for weeks thinking "how the hell would someone go about opening this?!" and you've answered my queries, cheers! I'll try the tweezer trick but if not take it somewhere tomorrowor even buy a pair of pliers myself for the future.

Thanks again.

Dunno if I can say here ...dont wanna do the shop out of a sale...but I got mine from ebay only about 7 including postage... stainless steel, autoclave safe...just the job...if you are only gonna use em a few times I dont see the point in paying over the odds..but they are handy tool to have....much better than home made tools that could slip and cause injury...
    \"The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese\" - Stephen Wright

----------------------------
    Mods....10mm tunnels in lobes, both nipples, left eyebrow
    Retired....nostril, left lobe, left helix

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow Bob
    Dunno if I can say here ...dont wanna do the shop out of a sale...but I got mine from ebay only about 7 including postage... stainless steel, autoclave safe...just the job...if you are only gonna use em a few times I dont see the point in paying over the odds..but they are handy tool to have....much better than home made tools that could slip and cause injury...
    Thats that true, thanks. Will give it another go just using my hands tonight but if it doesnt budge then I'll definitly look out for a pair when im out tomorrow

Senior Member KissMe,ImContagious's Avatar

i ordered one for my ear a few days ag from her,e came this morning, took me about an hour to get it in haha
    Piercings:
    12mm lobes, snakebite
    http://www.myspace.com/areyouoffit

Lol yeah I tried my mine yesterday and got it open and so slid the ring bit in but when it came to getting the ball back in I fiddled around ith it for ages but the ring was still too tight and the ball just wouldnt go in. Fiddled about a bit too much cos i started to bleed lol Not good. Tried again this morning though (once id widdened the ring a bit more) and it was fine, so yay! I now have my ring in