Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member KissMe,ImContagious's Avatar

Default job applications, working and stretched ears

im just wondering, would a stretched ear piercing cause you to not get a job if its over a certains size?
    i think anything up to 6mm wouldent be looked upon toomuch but anything bigger would be

has anyone had any experience with this kind of thing?

Also.. How do you downsize ear stretchings. my friend want to go back to 11 from 15, is it possible?
    what do you need to do in order to do it?
    and ill downsize mine if it means hard work getting a good job
    Piercings:
    12mm lobes, snakebite
    http://www.myspace.com/areyouoffit

Depends what kind of job you are going for. I work in a shop and they're fine as long as its not tunnels or really large and obvious (I reckon over about 15 mm depending on the jewellery?) But in more professional jobs they tend to be more strict..my dad hires people for a bank and they don't want any obvious piercings and only very discrete earrings. That seems to be the same for most places. I guess it does depend on where you work and if you are going to be on view to the public though, and if your are willing to get rid of them or not. Whether the company officially has a policy on body mods or not, its probably safer at least for the interview to not have much on show unless you're going to say you don't want the job unless they accept them. Whether its fair or not getting a job is quite a lot on their first impression of you, and obviously a lot of people don't like that kind of thing!

As for downsizing, just put in smaller plugs, kinda like reverse stretching.

Smaller plugs would fall out though, wouldn't they?

Maybe just leave nothing in them, they would go back down after a while.

But I haven't had any problems with stretching my ears, but then at the moment, they're quite small at 4mm. But I do want to go bigger, so we'll see. My hair covers them anyway.

What's she gonna look like with a chimney on her?

I don't think it's too obvious if you wear BCR's. I wear BCR's and no one notices my ears are gauged. I think that if you wear tunnels or plugs then you can deffinetly tell. You can always do what my boyfriend did and just take them out for work and put them back in afterwards.

As for the whole stretching thing I don't even think that will go back down very much.... I know it won't go back to normal size and I'm not sure if it'll go down to 11 but just leave the 15's out for a day or two and try putting an 11 in and see how it fits.
    I'm not obsessed with piercings... I'm addicted. Piercings are like weed to me.

I don't see my piercings as me trying to alter my image I see them as pieces of me that just haven't been put there yet. Like pieces missing from a puzzle.

I work in Commercial Business Lending for a bank and have 10mm lobes. I have long hair so my stretches aren't glaringly obvious. One thing I would say at this size is that if I wear solid plugs (like the fimo ones) they just look like normal earrings, no-one would know they were stretches (wouldn't have thought the people I deal with come across stretched lobes much to be honest)
    Shhhh!

2 x 10mm Lobes
    Tragus

Rage against the piercing gun!!

Some employers won't like any piercings at all, some don't mind. It's easier for girls to get away with it though - plugs tend to just look like large earrings until your ear shape actually starts to change, and long hair helps.

You could either take them out completely and leave them to downsize, or take them out and put smaller plugs in gradually. You might have to leave them out overnight to let them tighten up before putting smaller plugs in though or they'll fall out probably.

i work in the food industry, constantly dealing with customers. i swear no one cares, sure the odd kid that comes in might get scared. I knew a guy at another branch who had multiple facial piercings, and i think he actually became a shift manager. Its not like its in the food, or anything. but yeah depend on where you work i guess...?
    hi, im erin. know me before you judge me.
    ..bleeding internally..
    piercing total : 18
    ears : 13, centre labret, navel, tongue, nipple
    pickle mc cheese
    ...2 ink blots...
    {...R.I.P...}
    tragus (boltcutters ye?)
    1 x lobe
    cook me some eggs!!

gandy

i used to work in a printing company, they where fine with piercings as long as the jewellery didnt hang down i aslo tryed to get a job at a food factory in the meat bit, they said piercings are fine as the hair net would cover them

so i danno jobs when you dont see customers i guess

Anyone notice this is a really old thread ?
    lobes 20mm
    venoms 4mm
    2nd lobe 1.6mm
    nipples 1.6mm
    tragus 1.2mm
    navel 1.6mm
    septum 8mm
    conch 5 mm ( punched)

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Val , if your hair were edible, world hunger wouldn't be an issue anymore. How much of there if its straightened? O_O

non procedit qui dubitat

haha yeah just a bit...

.. Anyway, I work for a multi-million pound public transport company in Brighton... and I have 51mm Lobes and a septum all of which are on show as I drive ^_^.. I guess I was just lucky
    Retired
    90mm Ears
    6mm Septum
    5mm Tongue
    1.6mm Bridge
    Got?
    16mm Labret
    Tattoos'
    Jason Voorhees
    Ash from Army of Darkness
    All on one arm in horror themed sleeve

How To Stretch Your Ears Properly