Default Help! Is my ear going out of shape?

I had what was meant to be a scaffolding piercing back in June, but at the moment it's only two bar bells, and I've decided to leave it like that because the angle of one of the bars isn't right enough to put a long bar through. But I was looking at photos and I'm worried my ear is...collapsing like you see in those horrific photos on BME. They just seem to be a little...different. Look towards the top, and stuff. Or could it just be that silly me took the photo in different positions, lol?

Please stop my paranoia.

First photo taken June/July

Second photo taken August

Another worry is, seeing as I'm a bit disappointed about not being able to put a long bar through, a local piercer says she'd be willing to do my other ear for me. I asked her if she'd put two bar bells, she showed me her scaffold piercing and said she put one long bar in and it's been fine. Now I've read so many stories and even Spike said it was better to put two bar bells.

But would it be alright if I put one long bar in when I got it pierced next month? Would something bad happen? Should I use PTFE? or is it PFTE? Ah you know what I mean.

Help!

What's she gonna look like with a chimney on her?

i think its the swelling thats causing the odd shape... my helix piercing swelled up pretty badly like that, it should go down eventually.

Mine are pierced in a similar way to yours -

my piercer told me he couldn't put the straight bar coz of the shape of my ear so hes gonna bend the bar for me when I go back to have it changed. Goin back in a week or two so I'll show you when its finished!

Oh wow. That's pretty interesting, nice to know someone else had the same problem as me. I thought it was the result of bad piercing. I guess not.

Well, in that case, I'm not bothered about my ears, but I'd like to know more about putting a long bar through your ear when you get it pierced. Although I was told to use two bar bells, the local piercer said she was just gonna use one long bar in September and that I'd be fine.

I guess other people haven't had too much trouble, unless their bar was too small or it was a shallow piercing. Hmmm.

What's she gonna look like with a chimney on her?

Spectrum I think yours would look awesome if you put a v-shaped barbell in it.

I'm not an expert on this stuff but I'd say the long bar would be better for you because you wouldn't have to risk the chance of the angle being wrong. And you wouldn't have to worry about trying to make the long barbell fit into the two holes after the other two little barbells have healed. I've read that there may be a little more pressure on the ear with the long barbell though. Here in the US I've only seen people pierced with the long barbell. None of my friends were ever pierced with two small ones so I don't think it's going to harm you unless your ear just isn't made for a scaffold. Just make sure you ask your piercer a lot of questions about it like if anything is concerning you.
    I'm not obsessed with piercings... I'm addicted. Piercings are like weed to me.

I don't see my piercings as me trying to alter my image I see them as pieces of me that just haven't been put there yet. Like pieces missing from a puzzle.