Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Default It won't stop bleeding...

I had a scaffold pierce on tuesday and I'm having real problems with it bleeding.

It was ok on the day and yesterday - just very swollen and sore. Then yesterday evening it started bleeding lightly, so I cleaned it up before I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning I was covered in blood and it looked like this:

I cleaned it up in the shower and removed huge blood clots from around and deep inside my ear, but it's been bleeding ever since. It's continual and soaks through any bandage I try to wrap around it.

It's still swollen and the although the skin feels numb it hurts deeper.

I do trust the piercer - he's done most of mine before and my tattoos so I called him this morning and he said that they do bleed and to come back on Sat if it's still bleeding. Is he right? What are other people's experiences of this?

PLEASE HELP!!

No if its bleeding so much then go back today! its seriously doesnt look good so talk to him today asap
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    2 Septum piercings and Both Cheeks
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

Whoa...thats a lot of bleeding...i didnt think they usually bled that much...go back and see your piercer i would say...show him how much its bleeding. Anyone else with advice? Cause i'm not too sure about this one.

Now
    : 8/9mm lobes. 5mm septum. double conch.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punch.
    central labret. L nipple. industrial. 9 tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

it prob looks worse as its all there in one go.

when i got mine it bled a lot but def not that much.

1 hole bled for a couple of days then the other, just like a constant trickle.

when its clean, get a small piece of absorbant material like kitchen roll or something and put it like near the holes under the bar, it'll catch the blood and help it clot. Also if there are any clots close to the holes leave them as they aren't full of dirt or anything and they will come off in their own time and may stop more blood coming out
    A family friend whose an ambulance man told me to do this when i was having problems.

hope that helps.
    {Current Piercings} 1.6mm scaffold, 1.2mm tragus, 1.2 helix and forward helix, 2x lobe, navel, reverse navel, 1.6mm conch.

{Future Piercings} antitragus, helix, nape, lip and ink!

Is there anyone on here that's had it done?

I feel like I'm bothering my piercer if I go back - I've already called twice and he insists it's fine and I must have knocked it

Ive not had it done but your piercer hasnt seen it so go back and show him, also print that pic and show him
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

I'd still go show him...better to be safe than sorry
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...

Quote Originally Posted by hannahc
    it prob looks worse as its all there in one go.

when i got mine it bled a lot but def not that much.

1 hole bled for a couple of days then the other, just like a constant trickle.

when its clean, get a small piece of absorbant material like kitchen roll or something and put it like near the holes under the bar, it'll catch the blood and help it clot. Also if there are any clots close to the holes leave them as they aren't full of dirt or anything and they will come off in their own time and may stop more blood coming out
    A family friend whose an ambulance man told me to do this when i was having problems.

hope that helps.
    That does make me feel better - thanks

I have been putting bandages and cotton wool with tape but they soak through within an hour! And I can't even clean it properly cause it bleeds too fast!!

I'm freaking out the people at work and they all want me to go to A&E!

go back to the piercer and see what he says, its not bad going back, if you're worried then let him see it.
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

Eurghhhhh not what I wanted to see when I'm feeling ill :P yeps definately go see your piercer!
    Piercings:
    Lobes x 2, Navel, Reverse navel, nipple (RIP)
    Tattoos:
    8 stars on my back (represent my close family) star on my hip, 4 leaf clover on wrist
    Wants:
    More piercings, more tattoos

Proud owner of a luxuriously soft lemon yellow velvet straight jacket, with a line of fairies going up and down the sleeves!! Made by the one and only Debs!!

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast