Default Can I take out my earring?

I've had my ear pierced for 7 weeks now, just took out my starter earring (which has a slightly thicker post than normal earrings) and I'm wearing a cubic zirconia right now.

The thing is that I play a lot of sports and I'd prefer to take out my earring during the games if possible so that I don't have to tape it up, or even worse leave it the way it is and risk something bad happening. Can I take out my earring for a few hours just for sports then put it back in afterwards? If not, how long do I have to wait where I can remove my earring for a little while (for whatever reason) and then put it back in and it's all good?

Not saying it's any good but when I had my ears pierced the first time I had to keep them out from about 9am to 4pm and although they were painful to get back in they stayed open, they should stay open a few hours but they might get sore
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

Ideally you should leave them in. How about trying something like a ptfe post just to keep them open while playing sports.
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

eek you shouldn'tbe wearing anything with a butterfly back on at all during healing because they hoarde yukness like germs. go for barbells or similar. personally i wouldnt leave them out at all until theyve been in about 6 months.
    This is my tribe but my tribe is untribed, the unacknowledged diaspora. I am the defective.

12mm tunnels* l&r 8mm tunnels*l&r,*6mm tunnels l&r*nose l&r, septum*tongue (central), venoms*l&r horizontal nipples*bridge*labret microdermal
    tats
    left top arm and wrist*right top arm*neck*left boob*inner lip*biomechanical thigh*

i agree with Isis!

But as spike said... try PTFE... or a retainer of some sorts
    <3 KIM

I'm back, but who will notice me

I'd suggest having a barbell in, like Isis said.

I did quite a lot of sport back when I was in 6th form and had barbells in all of my ear piercings back then, nothing bad ever happened to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Isis
    eek you shouldn'tbe wearing anything with a butterfly back on at all during healing because they hoarde yukness like germs. go for barbells or similar. personally i wouldnt leave them out at all until theyve been in about 6 months.
    At the risk of sounding unhygenic or ignorant, what is the major problem with the earring accumulating germs? Also keep in mind I am cleaning it once a day to cut down on any unwanted crust that might appear.

Well when I got to the soccer game I taped it up, but the linesman saw my ear and said I had to take it out. I was really worried at first because I thought the hole might close up but i only arrived at the game at the second half so the earring was off my ear for only an hour. When I put it on after the game, it slide in easily no problem, no soreness etc.

So unfortunately I will have to take out the earring for every soccer game. I know this isn't ideal, but it doesn't look like there is anyway around it. Fortunately, it's only one game a week for 1.5 months and that's only about a 2 hour time span every week. I'll keep it in at all other times...

The butterfly back catches all the ooze that comes out of the piercing and it's impossible to get all of it off, it harbors germs and yukkiness and the metal is usually crap in piercings too. Even if you cleaned it 100 times a day you really can't get the gunk out the butterfly.
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

As well as what ruthie said, them studs are just plain crap really. I would personally buy a PTFE/bioplast barbell and a couple of tiny clear balls and see if anyone notices it.
    Bright red with brilliance just like the blood that came shooting out of your eyes