Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What kind of earrings can I put in my rook piercing?

I just got my left rook pierced and I was wondering what my options for jewelry were once this thing heals. So far I've only seen bars and then the tension/ball hoops which is what I have in right now. Do they make stud earrings for this piercing?

I'm so out of my element!

Senior Member quotidianaubergine's Avatar

BCRs (the ring you have in now), Barbells, Curved barbells, Circular barbells, Spirals even...there's quite a lot of choice. But no "studs" as such...they wouldn't fit!
    currently: 1st lobes, 2nd lobes, nostril

retired: 1.6mm lobes, 6mm lobes, snug, 2 x helix, septum, 2 x nostril, 5mm lobes, labret, 8mm lobes, left tragus, right conch, right double forward helix

it mostly does tend to be curved jewellery such as BCR's (the tension ball ring), curve barbells, bananabells etc
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

So a stud would be out of the question?

(Also - Does it matter what size ring you had it pierced with when you go to buy new jewelry? Example: I but a smaller (or larger) guage hoop than I had it pierced with, is this a problem?)

Senior Member quotidianaubergine's Avatar

Yes...a stud is out of the question unless you want to be stabbing yourself in the ear risking embedding it into your ear!

And yes gauge matters also...if you're pierced at 1.6mm but then put a 1mm ring in it will heal to that size.
    currently: 1st lobes, 2nd lobes, nostril

retired: 1.6mm lobes, 6mm lobes, snug, 2 x helix, septum, 2 x nostril, 5mm lobes, labret, 8mm lobes, left tragus, right conch, right double forward helix

if your talking a normal earring stud with the butterfly type backs then i'd serioudly advise against putting that in your rook.

if it was pierced at 1.2mm gauge then you could wear jewellery in that guage or smaller, if your planning to put in larger guage jewellery i'd wait at least a few months before you try pushing one of those in

edit: quotidianaubergine makes a good point about the fact that if you wear smaller guage jewellery it will heal around that size jewellery so will be more difficult to keep switching between jewellery guages
    Saz
    Piercings:

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Well that kind of bums me out about the stud, that sounded like it would look cool...

Thanks for the info though, you guys are awesome.

i think your on your own with that opinion butterfly studs never look cool unless there being used to brand farm yard animals
    congrats on the rook tho

You could use a straight barbell and get some interesting balls to put on the ends. There are loads of pretty ones.

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/onl...sories_318.cfm
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

can you wear straight barbells in a rook piercing? i thought curved jewellery had to be worn
    Saz
    Piercings:

nose

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast