Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scaffold

Default Scaffold

I really need help here!
    I only had my scaffold piercing on saturday and yeah i thought it killed! but now i think its swelling more than it should be doing, it looks like i have cauliflour ear! and its bright red and really painful and i really dont know what to do.
    When i had it done it wouldn't stop bleeding and still was the next day.
    Could the swelling be because 1 needle was used??
    Thanks so much chris :shock:

Crikey that does'nt sound too good :? The fact that one needle was used wouldn't have made any difference. I had my scaffold done incorrectly and when I put a long bar in it distorted my ear completely as I didn't have the right type of ear for a scaffold (this I found out later from a different DECENT piercer) Is the bar to short for a start? does it seem to be putting pressure on your ear or distorting it? Did you go to a decent piercer who knew what they were doing? Scaffolds are often done incorrectly, look at this site so you can see for yourself what I mean! http://encyc.bmezine.com/?Shallow_Industrial
    Body Mods: Middle lip, Side lip, left nose, Tongue, Tragus, Anti-Tragus, Industrial via conch, Pinna, Lobes x2, sternum
    Retired: two auricles and navel

the bar is a little short seems to fit ok its not as bad as that pic
    2 pix below, how it is and the area thats stuck out loads is circled

Thanks

blimy! you had your metal bar put in right after you had it pierced? I had a MASSIVE long PTFE bar like this...

....to allow for shitloads of swelling and movement it even curved nicely around my stud at the top (which i changed to a hoop as soon as i got home anyways)... and then when that was healing nicely had it changed to one like this

...maybe it's worth buying a ptfe OR going to another piercest for advice and getting it changed...which could hurt but surely not as painfull as your ear looks now! eeek :shock: I'd go see someone about it, you don't want this to happen... http://encyc.bmezine.com/?Ear_Collapse Your metal bar worries me lol
    left ear-
    scaffold,pinna,auricle,2xlobe,8mm tunnel, conch
    right ear-
    3 helix bars,orbital,2xlobe,8mm tunnel
    Diagonal nipple bar.
    Septum

Tattoo-treble clef on groin

Retired-Labret (I pierced it at the wrong angle.painful to play clarinet with too :( )
    www.myspace.com/thepurpleone

Ok.. thanks for the picture... that looks a little like mine did, though mine was alot worse! The bar isnt a problem, the piercer I NOW go to does it straight away with a bar like that. The bar isn't going with the natural form of your ear and its putting a considerable amount of pressure on your ear, thats why its gone nasty and swollen in the area you have circled. Im not an expert or anything, but that is a POORLY placed scaffold which I think will have to come out as soon as possible or you could end up with serious problems. Its not worth losing an ear over, I love scaffolds but ive realised I just don't have the right type of ear for one :( I honestly think that needs to be taken out though.
    Body Mods: Middle lip, Side lip, left nose, Tongue, Tragus, Anti-Tragus, Industrial via conch, Pinna, Lobes x2, sternum

Thanks a lot guyz, im going to see a different piercer today see what they think because its still sore! though its not bleeding now. ill let you know what heppens after ive been, which is this morning before my maths exam
    Cheers chris :(

The bar does look like it could be a little too short.
    How have you been cleaning it?
    I always find that just a plain boiled water soak, immersing the entire area in the water, helps just to soothe it a little bit.
    It may be worth trying that especially before your maths exam if it is bothering you.
    Good Luck!

You have no jewellery in there at all now?
    Hmmm.
    The bad thing with that is that any lymph/infection has no where to leave your ear by, usually it would leave via the jewellery if that makes sense?

As for the swelling, take regular ibuprofen as directed on the packet as it is an anti inflammatory.

The normal piercer i go to said to take it out right away it looks such a mess, i dont actually think theres any infection but there was a heela lotaa blood when it was took out, all in my hair and clothes lol, the scaffold piercing just isnt for me, hopefully my ear will go back to the normal shape, i will never have it done again!!

You did the right thing by taking out. Its VERY unlikely to have an infection after just a few days You should perhaps think about getting a different type of piercing, a scaffold just doesnt work with alot of people.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast