Default Rash near my piercing .....

Hiya,

I've had my navel pierced for about a month now, iv been keeping up with the salt soaks and it seems to be healing up nicely. I am a bit worried about a rash i have developed tho under my actual belly button (not the bit i got pierced) it seems around my belly button at the bottom and is about an inch wide, its a really deep red rash and to be honest im not sure what to put on it cos i dont want to make it worse.It looks like a bad case of dry skin. Has anyone experienced this ?? Have i been doing something wrong ?? When i first got pierced and the plaster was taken off it did make that part red as it was tender skin but then it just went back to normal. Have no idea why its just come up like this :o(

Emz xx

do you wear hipsters?

cos where the skin is sensitive there it might rub and aggrivate

use the ever best SAVLON!!!!
    dadadada!!!!!!
    you cut my soul i cut my skin
    its like a game but who will win

Sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to something, or maybe the salt is drying out your skin. Keep the area well moisturised and see how it goes after a few days.
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

Hi guys thanks for you replies.

I think you may be right princess ruthie with the salt drying out the skin as its really thin skin there and its come up really red and looking dried out. Will pop over to boots at lunchtime and get some e45/savlon or something to put on it (dont worry wont put it on my actual piercing).

Thanks again xx

Aqueous cream is good for moisturising sensitive areas... doesn't have anything much in it to aggrevate anything!
    Current: Right Nostril, Left Ear - 2x lobe piercings (1x1.6mm BCR, 1x1.2mm Bar) , Lip - centred, Right Ear - Naked!!!

Tattoos: Right Arm - Tribal band, Small tribal design at top

Future: Right Ear Lobes to match the left, Left Ear - Tragus, Right Ear - Helix
    Cover up tattoo for top tribal design so that it goes over my shoulder!

Hiya

The rash is still red and horrid but i think i know what done it now, the other day i put some tea tree oil on my piercing and was a bit messy so no doubt it went around the piercing and i think this is whats caused the rash , it wasnt neat but the skin around my belly button is really thin so im imaginin i have just reacted to that and its dried me out. would you still suggest the cream soakings for this or is there somethin else i should be doing ?? sorry to be a pain, just was rackin my brains thinkin i was rejecting to the piercing xxx

I'd be surprised if tea tree oil caused the rash to be honest. It can be fairly harsh on new piercings but it shouldn't do that to normal skin, usually a bit of redness would be the worst that it could cause. Have you had eczema or psoriosis in the past? Sometimes that can flare up for no apparent reason and take awhile to go away. You could try using Vitamin E oil or cream on the rash, or break open some Evening Primrose oil capsules and use that. Avoid Evening Primrose if you're epileptic though. Also aqueous cream or E45 are good moisurisers for sensitive skin, and Simple bath and shower products are great too.
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

Just thought id update and let you know i used aqeous cream on the rash and its gone now :o) was really worried i may have been reacting but the way my skin dried up was strange, just stickin to cleaning it once at day at the mo with boiled water (cooled down a bit first) seems to be looking well :o) xx

Nice one, glad you got it sorted.