Unhappy sore nose piercing

I've had my nose pierced for quite a while now, over a year, and I just woke up this morning to find it really sore and red and swollen I took my nose stud out because it was hurting it more when it was swelling around the stud, but now it looks like it's gonna close up.
    I think I must have got makeup in it since I wear foundation every day and it's messed it up.
    The stud I've been wearing is a nose screw from this site and because my nose hurts so much I cant get it back in. I need a new stud with one bend in it to wear temporarily just to keep the piercing open but I have no money! grr!
    I've looked through all my jewellery and there's nothing I can wear for now except a regular ear stud, and I'm not walking round with that in my face for long lol.
    I dont want to lose ittttt!
    Tattoos:
    3 butterflies on foot, heart on wrist, 2 diamonds on stomach.

Piercings:
    tragus, helix, 3x lobe on each ear, navel, nostril, tongue.

Wishlist:
    more tattooooooooooooosssss!!

Retired:
    scaffold, 2 helix.

It sounds like you could have the bump, this is really common in nose piercings and can happen even if you've had it pierced for ages. Your best bet is to give it salt soaks a couple of times a day, also taking ibuprofen can help get the swelling down. If it starts looking infected then putting some neat tea tree oil on a cotton bud and dabbing onto the bump can help clear it up. You'll need to be very patient though, the bump can sometimes take a few months to clear up completely.
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

I dont know about the bump, I've had one before on my navel piercing but there's no bump around my nose piercing. It's just red and sore and yeah maybe it could be infected?
    I managed to get the stud back in and I'm gonna clean it regular and see if it improves.
    Thanks for the advice on how to help clear it up!
    Tattoos:
    3 butterflies on foot, heart on wrist, 2 diamonds on stomach.

Piercings:
    tragus, helix, 3x lobe on each ear, navel, nostril, tongue.

Wishlist:
    more tattooooooooooooosssss!!

Retired:
    scaffold, 2 helix.

Sometimes piercings do this.
    It could be you caught it on something and this has aggrevated it.
    Or it could just be being funny.

I always find hot salt soaks really soothing when my piercings are sore.
    So try a couple of those a day.

IF it is infected you will know about it; it will be hot, red and swollen, often spreading around the piercing site. It may also discharge greeny puss.

Keep your nose jewellery in, removing it will only aggrevate it further and as you have found swelling can cause the hole to close slightly making it more difficult to replace the jewellery.